114     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 568     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 359     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting truly interesting now that two councillors have taken some action, to attempt limit Ford's powers. Even more interesting since the two are John Filion and Paul Ainslie.

Keep your eyes on the press, this is just a developing story at this stage -- but this is the type of thing that a lot of us are looking for. Doug Ford will be just a piffle against this sort of action, if the motion succeeds.

Was Doug still speaking at Ryerson when Rob admitted it? I wonder if anyone will have a picture or video of his reaction

Jail time. The police have the video of him smoking allegedly smoking crack cocaine. They also now have the confession that he did smoke it. A judge needs to throw the book at him. 6 months in prison.

Is that a possibility? Even if it is, is that something that we'd like to see? Not only does it set a dangerous precedent, but it's the last thing I want Ford to get nailed for.

Was Doug still speaking at Ryerson when Rob admitted it? I wonder if anyone will have a picture or video of his reaction
No, he had just finished. Reporters had been waiting for Rob, and he seems to have come in just as Doug finished up. Not likely a coincidence.

Apparently he ran out.
Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.35.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.35.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-05 at 12.35.17 PM.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 437
The question is why confess now? What's he's trying to accomplish with this? Is he trying to get ahead of something else that is coming out later today?

I doubt Rob could be successfully prosecuted on this alone. The video as described is not conclusive that the substance is crack, "about a year ago" doesn't tie it to when the video was shot, and what he says outside the court is hearsay, not sworn testimony.

The question is why confess now? What's he's trying to accomplish with this? Is he trying to get ahead of something else that is coming out later today?

I think he finally realized that the truth is coming out somehow, whether by video or something else. If his lawyer gave him a good sense of the timing (say, 6 months) then he knows that he's better off getting it out there now, and he has 10 months to recover... as opposed to it hitting shortly before the election.

It's also possible that he's just so sick of it he wanted to get it out there so he could move on.

I don't think Ford can be arrested for admitting to smoking crack. Don't celebrities admit to doing drugs all the time? Hell, I just watched a Stones documentary and in it you can see Mick doing a bump. Should he be arrested?

I don't think he can be prosecuted either.

From a PR point of view; it does make sense to get all the dirty crap out in the air now (1 year prior to the election) ... in that sense he's doing a good job ; - ). It gives him the most time to garner sympathy ... think about it ...

And thankfully people can be charged for other things while they are serving time. I have a feeling when this is all done, that man will have a lengthy sentence.

PLEASE let him already be wearing an orange jumpsuit when the REAL shit hits the fan. It feels good to repeat, over and over: this is not about crack anymore.

PLEASE let him already be wearing an orange jumpsuit when the REAL shit hits the fan. It feels good to repeat, over and over: this is not about crack anymore.

I think with everything else that is about to come out and charges in the pipeline it was attack Blair and plant the seed of conspiracy to supporters for when charges are laid. I have no doubt what Metroman says about obstruction charges being laid soon. Logic asks, did going after a video and deleting benefit Lisi? Not really. Mayor McCheese is the benefactor of that. Conspiracy to commit extortion is a logical charge for this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back