Toronto TCHC Block 32 Development | ?m | 41s | TCHC | KPMB

Yes, they were simply anticipating the future development on the brewery lot.

Heck...that will be the third brewery that has left the area in the last couple years...Brick, Upper Canada, and now maybe Amsterdams..Gee where are we going to get beer when the government run Beer Store is closed.

Mill Street, Steamwhistle, and of course the LCBO. There are still a few places, and homebrewing can actually be a pretty respectable craft; I've been meaning to get into it myself once I've got a little more space.

Woodbridge, hipsters are too useless to brew their own beer. They go for PBR, as it matches their checkered Value Village outfits nicely I suppose.

Recent photo taken Jan 7/11

5335914261_ae7c037399_b.jpg

Will this project ever get a name, or will it be known by its street address?

"Finally, railway lands to see affordable housing
Toronto Star
March 14, 2010
Patty Winsa

Work began in January on a 422-unit 40-storey rental tower, on land transferred to the Toronto Community Housing Corporation by the city. The apartments will rent at 80 per cent of market rates.

The land was deeded to the city in 1994, when the CNR sold off the former railway yards for development. The city’s official plan at the time called for 20 per cent of large developments to be set aside for community housing. The area is now the site of City Place, a multi-tower condominium development by Concord Adex."

I'd say a 20% discount qualifies as low rent. Regardless, it was just an admittedly mediocre joke.

Recent pics taken June 9, 2011

Precast concrete being installed.

zdNp4.jpg

3iYZs.jpg

The "dig" in front of the TCHC Block 32 is the Library District Condominiums project.

trvQA.jpg

Last edited:
Recent pics taken June 9, 2011
Precast concrete being installed.
zdNp4.jpg

3iYZs.jpg

The "dig" in front of the TCHC Block 32 is the Library District Condominiums project.

trvQA.jpg

Nice pics of this project, thanks RM

Im trying to figure out how the building on this rendering is going to come out from the constuction going on the above picks.:confused:
Tower building on the rendering looks l-shaped or like 2 structures to me.

tchc-1.jpg

I think this is going to end up looking very smart. Not just glass the whole way up, but framed by the pale sections.

Back