Toronto Fly Condos | ?m | 24s | Empire | Graziani + Corazza

^Sure, taken this past Sunday 6 April 2008, the billboard worth flying to see?

DSC00816.jpg

Not sure what Fly's address is, but i think it's 352 Front West, which means there will a presentation at Metro Hall on Monday:

From Adam Vaughan's office...

Entertainment District Planning Meeting

Date: Monday, April 14, 2008
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 PM

There will be presentations about the following projects:

§ 21 Widmer Street
§ Nelson/Duncan/Richmond
§ Peter/Richmond
§ Adelaide and John
§ 352 Front Street West (at Blue Jays Way)

Skydome / CN Tower

Thanks for the info guys...

I drove around the area where fly is going to be erected and was fairly impressed with the area but had a quick question. How do you think the views of the CN tower / skydome will be from the suites in fly?

Thanks...

I think the views will be ok; but the light pollution and noise will be horrible!

PS: I have yet to live in a house or apt building in Toronto where I haven't had a view of the CN Tower or Skydome. In fact, although I once lived at Spadina and Queen St West (very noisy) it's out here in High Park that I have the best view!

There is a render in the latest Condoguide (I think it's called - the free one you get on the subway).

Its a circular building with a slanted roof - thats all I can remember, I don't have it here with me now. Not very inspired though...

Did anybody attend this? Any additional information on the project?

Not sure what Fly's address is, but i think it's 352 Front West, which means there will a presentation at Metro Hall on Monday:

From Adam Vaughan's office...

Entertainment District Planning Meeting

Date: Monday, April 14, 2008
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 PM

There will be presentations about the following projects:

§ 21 Widmer Street
§ Nelson/Duncan/Richmond
§ Peter/Richmond
§ Adelaide and John
§ 352 Front Street West (at Blue Jays Way)

• Parcel is just under one acre in size
  • Massing will reflect the Tridel building (Element) to the east
  • 24s along Front with a 22s wing extending north
  • Mid-block connector street to extend north from Front and connect the Clarence square and provide access to parking
  • Mid-block connector will provide an 18m wide view corridor & pedestrian connection that lines up with the view between Apex & Matrix towers
  • Retail component facing Front Street
  • Two floor lobby entrance at west end
  • Vehicle entrance is at back
  • The proposed Fly condo will line up with the Tridel building and pull-back from the property line at the 12th floor - this lines up with the height of Tridel's blank wall at the property line.
  • Sculptural element will face west on the west face of building
  • A 4s base on Front St will form a continuous base with the Tridel building that also has a 4s base
  • 9.5 FSI (Tridel was 11)
  • Knock-out panels to be provided in some units

Thanks for the info guys...

I drove around the area where fly is going to be erected and was fairly impressed with the area but had a quick question. How do you think the views of the CN tower / skydome will be from the suites in fly?

Thanks...

Forget about the view. This corner reeks of untreated sewage at all times of the year. It's also upwind of the pork rendering plant pretty often.

Which project...

Hmm i WAS interested in the project but the comments have rightly turned me off....

Any recommendations to upcoming projects....I am looking for something in toronto near the skydome / cntower and close to the Gardiner. I am looking for a preconstruction condo that will be going on sale soon by a good builder that all of you experts agree will be a good project!

Thanks...

Forget about the view. This corner reeks of untreated sewage at all times of the year. It's also upwind of the pork rendering plant pretty often.

Forget about the view. This corner reeks of untreated sewage at all times of the year.

It is sad the city doesn't do anything about it. There are a number places in the core which always have the sewage smell. Nothing says "welcome to Toronto" like the smell of sh!t.

Hmm i WAS interested in the project but the comments have rightly turned me off....

Any recommendations to upcoming projects....I am looking for something in toronto near the skydome / cntower and close to the Gardiner. I am looking for a preconstruction condo that will be going on sale soon by a good builder that all of you experts agree will be a good project!

Thanks...

I don't think there will be any consensus on what is a good project because it is all subjective. And whether you are looking into buying for your own use or as an 'investor', you would get different reactions.

Potential Projects that might fit your desire include LTD, Infinity phase 2, fourth Pinnacle building, 16 York, Fly, anything that by Freed, Harbour City 3. I'm not saying if these are good or bad, just a few that are out there.

Thanks...
There are a number of Freed projects going up beteen Spadina and Bathurst along Wellington, King, and Adelaide. Those are walking distance to the Skydome, CN Tower, and anything facing East from the 5th floor up is likely to have a spectacular view of the whole city skyline, which is far more impressive than the tower and skydome alone.

You've gotta be kidding me. I work right in that area and have NEVER smelled a thing... and I'm there every day of the week. There are DOZENS of condos going up right beside that "pork rendering plant" out towards Bathurst, and it hardly seems to bother them, let alone this location that is a huge distance farther.

There are a number of Freed projects going up beteen Spadina and Bathurst along Wellington, King, and Adelaide. Those are walking distance to the Skydome, CN Tower, and anything facing East from the 5th floor up is likely to have a spectacular view of the whole city skyline, which is far more impressive than the tower and skydome alone.

Why would you suggest these places that are much closer to the supposedly very smelly "pork rendering plant" and yet knock this development for the same reason even though it's much farther away??

I've been in this area many times and I've never noticed any smell ... other then what you would expect :)

Way closer toward Bathurst ... yes ... but not here.

Back