Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

About 8 more floors to go and...............

shang8.jpg

then we can crown Shangri-La, the Queen of University Avenue.

shangcrown.jpg

Nicely done!

i agree ^^^ flat out awesome!!!
Regarding the last few floors, will the top portion of the tower be 2 levels of Penthouse AND mechanical??? or is mechanical the level right below the penthouse... because i believe there is a green roof.

Urbandreamer, that's a great vantage on the CBD. You've inspired me to head out to Lansdowne with a camera and just start walking east on Dundas. Thank you! This view is the best illustration I've seen yet of the impact Trump and Shangri-La have on the skyline.

^^^^
Absolutely great pics Androiduk;

Love the interface with the street on University and the angles.

Bishop's Block is actually beautifully restored. Some real quality brick work.

^ Thanks interested. I totally agree. We are so lucky we didn't get a standard box fronting onto University. Those 2 'cubes' protruding out will add a lot of animation, especially at night.

^^^^
Agree.
I was downtown yesterday and noted that both the Northern cube and the Southern cube are clear glass. That will be really bright.
This just gets better and better. I agree we are very lucky to have such an interesting design.

I am trying to figure out how high this will actually end up. I think it will be same height as far as condo height essentially as Trump except that Trump will have the dome going further up.

Not quite, but close. Trump's roof is 776ft/236.5m while Shangri-La is 702ft/214m.
Though from this vantage point, it will probably look just about as tall as Trump thanks to perspective.

Approximate height when completed;
6159877940_f04f14ce2f_b.jpg

original image from urbandreamer

Last edited:
^^^^
When you say 776 for the roof, then that is to the bottom of the onion dome?
Correct.
Then adding for the dome;how high will it be?

Or am I misunderstanding and by roof you mean the top of the dome?

776ft is to the top of the mechanical, the larger section of the roof.
The base of the spire where it meets the onion dome is 827ft/252m

phew, finally found it...

Going back through that thread I also found this picture which goes to show just how good the cladding is in comparison to BAC's & Trump's.

Last edited:
^^^
thanks for all the work. I didn't mean to make all that trouble for you.
Are the mechanicals on the roof at SL as well.
I thought the PH's were at the top without mechanicals above. If so, would the top of the PH at SL be approximately the same height then as the bottom of the mechanicals of Trump.
Please don't lose your time researching Vegeta_Skyline. Just if you can clarify "off the top of your head".
I think the cladding at SL is very similar to 4S.
I was actually surprised to hear that it is all "made in China".

Last edited:

Back