Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

6030999840_64983da5cd_b.jpg

I went to "Deq"; the bar/lounge located at the Ritz-Carlton last weekend for a birthday gathering. Walking through the lobby of the hotel, it's absolutely stunning.

Application: Sign Permit Status: Not Started

TORONTO

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 11 266699 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Aug 31, 2011

Project: First Party New

Description: Application for a permit to erect and display two illuminated wall signs with static copy on the north elevation of first storey wall of building in conjunction with a hotel, **The Ritz-Carlton**

application: Sign permit status: Not started

toronto

ward 20: Trinity-spadina

application#: 11 266699 sgn 00 sp accepted date: Aug 31, 2011

project: First party new

description: Application for a permit to erect and display two illuminated wall signs with static copy on the north elevation of first storey wall of building in conjunction with a hotel, **the ritz-carlton**

woot woot!!!

^Just an FYI, but it does state the "first storey wall" in the application. This must be a ground level sign, it still doesn't look like we're getting anything up top.

I'd have liked to have seen an illuminated Ritz Carlton logo at the top, but that's just me.

I like the Ritz with no illuminated signage on top of the building - hope they don't apply to add anything else. Too many buildings in Toronto have illuminated logos, I much prefer light fixtures and cool neon colours at a building's summit vs. corporate emblems. Plus, the lack of distractions on the Ritz allow one to focus on the architecture.

Plus, the lack of distractions on the Ritz allow one to focus on the architecture.

lol!!! that something sheldon from "the big bang theory" would say.................i dont know i would have liked a logo but im not complaining... if more people dont want it then you wont hear any complaints from me....

I definitely want the logo. Their logo is really nice, and would look so good on the building. Particularly the north side.

So I just got home from a vacation in Chicago... and wow! We are very lucky with our Ritz Carlton building... the Ritz Carlton Residences in Chicago looks absolutely terrible. It looks like they were trying to emulate the old beautiful Chicago buildings but using terrible new precast materials. I like our building even more after seeing what Chicago got!

Back