Toronto The Hill Condos | 29.26m | 9s | BSäR Group | Core Architects

Any word on how much parking it'll have? Bathurst and Eglinton is surprisingly congested and that stretch of Eglinton west of that is terrible practically through to Keele.

From the documents I have seen, it looks like there is going to be four parking levels with the first two allocated to paid parking by Green P. Apparently based on their agreement with the city, they have to keep the parking. The other two levels will have 84 spots for the residence and they are allowing all units to buy one. Since there are 94 Units, I take it, that it is first come first purchase with the parking. There is no visitor parking.

was there no rezoning application filed for this site? i saw SPA post earlier but no rezoning....did i miss it?

http://www.thestar.com/news/transpo...he-eglinton-lrt-will-transform-neighbourhoods

How the Eglinton LRT will transform neighbourhoods

Published On Sun May 13 2012
Tess Kalinowski
Transportation Reporter

Now, after decades of neglect, the Liberal MPP for Eglinton-Lawrence says the Eglinton-Scarborough Crosstown LRT, still eight years from completion, is already transforming the neighbourhood he loves to boost.

“We need more people living on Eglinton. It’s the forgotten middle of Toronto. For decades nobody ever paid attention to it. Now this gives us a chance to pay attention. This is a chance to give it some light and some investment. The transportation is really the catalyst. And it’s already happening,” said Colle, who cites the redevelopment of the 50-year-old China House restaurant at Bathurst St. into a condo that sold out in a couple of weeks.

How Eglinton looks once the Crosstown is running will depend on a two-year city planning exercise called an avenue study that begins community consultations Thursday at the Fairbank Memorial Community Centre on Dufferin St.

The $1.3 million study, which will eventually go before city council, is the first step in envisioning what Eglinton will look like after the Crosstown is built, how it will be zoned, what kind of buildings and public spaces will be encouraged.

Midrise development will likely replace some of the one- and two-storey shop fronts.

Most of the lots along the western and central portions of Eglinton are too shallow to accommodate highrises, said McPhail. But there will be exceptions.

“For instance where the Spadina subway and the Eglinton LRT are going to cross, there are two Green P parking lots, a police station with all surface parking. Maybe we could have some bigger buildings there,” he said.

“We will see some redevelopment before construction is complete. I think there’s already interest,” said the city councillor for Eglinton-Lawrence (Ward 16).

...Most development potential will be around stations, which are being built about a kilometre apart, said McPhail.

Fullly Approved!

I was surprised to learn that this project had been fully approved at the Committee of Adjustments and that no appeals had been filed. Look like these guys must have benefited from the strength of the argument that the LRT's introduction basically begged for higher density. Still, this is a high end are so I am surprised that it didn't get appealed. it is a nice looking building though so I am glad that it is going forward. Does anyone know if they have anything left? This has to be a good investment for the long term I would figure? There is nothing by way of condos in the area as of yet and now that developers see that things can get approved there I am sure that a bunch are in the works.

I was surprised to learn that this project had been fully approved at the Committee of Adjustments and that no appeals had been filed. Look like these guys must have benefited from the strength of the argument that the LRT's introduction basically begged for higher density. Still, this is a high end are so I am surprised that it didn't get appealed. it is a nice looking building though so I am glad that it is going forward. Does anyone know if they have anything left? This has to be a good investment for the long term I would figure? There is nothing by way of condos in the area as of yet and now that developers see that things can get approved there I am sure that a bunch are in the works.

concerned about the project... I don't walk too often on the south side of the road in the area, but 2 times I have passed the condo sales center during open hours the place has been closed. They have never changed the outside signage to show how much of the building has been sold. 50% 60%. I doubt it.... normally a building puts up these signs once they hit 50% to entice people to hurry in. Instead it looks like a graveyard. I wonder what this will do for 875 Eglinton Avenue west and its proposal.

553437_10151623259016864_1646096790_n.jpg

Just saw this and dont know what it means.... are they going to start constructing? did they sell enough units? or are they closing shop because it didnt sell?

Attachments

• 553437_10151623259016864_1646096790_n.jpg
    553437_10151623259016864_1646096790_n.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 779
It mean that they've applied for a demolition permit to take down the building currently on the site. Comments had to have been received by May 23rd. One would hope that the permit would have been granted by now, or at least will be soon.

It mean that they've applied for a demolition permit to take down the building currently on the site. Comments had to have been received by May 23rd. One would hope that the permit would have been granted by now, or at least will be soon.

Can I assume construction will be starting soon then....

The Hillis Under Construction

I know a guy that works for the developer. This building is now under construction (demo started). It is approximately 85% sold and he said either RBC or CIBC is financing construction (can't remember). The building sold extremely quickly and that is why the sales centre never seemed to be open. The developer pulled selected suites off the market so that they would still have some of the "good stuff" left for post construction because the sales were outpacing their approvals timing. Makes sense to me because they are the only new option in this very sought after location. Units in the building went for over $700 psf and literally flew out the door from what I gather. I'm glad about this because the proposal is perfect for the area and the retail rumor I heard has me real excited (I actually know but can't say).

Thank God.... Super excited... Wish they could have bought out pizza pizza and swiss chalet and taken up the whole block... Someone can buy the parking lot across the street and while at it the Rexall.... SUPER SUPER EXCITED

Id think so and with The Hub around the corner maybe some of these condos will actually be up BEFORE the LRT is running... And everyone else said the condos would come after...

Thank God.... Super excited... Wish they could have bought out pizza pizza and swiss chalet and taken up the whole block... Someone can buy the parking lot across the street and while at it the Rexall.... SUPER SUPER EXCITED

Why would you want a block-long monolith as opposed to two or three separate buildings of differing design and, potentially, scale? A single building leaves the neighbourhood susceptible to a single (or perhaps two) retail unit(s) while the latter ensures that at least a little variety on the ground plane (and potentially above) will be preserved.

Back