News   Mar 28, 2024
 120     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 569     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 362     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Wow, geekaroo, great shots! I didn't know penguins could fly.

It's too bad the 2nd tower is slated to be shorter. An equally sized tower would confer "twin tower" status to this project and really give it something interesting.

Right now, as much as the glass is nice, it's beginning to look like a fat woman with too much fabric. No matter how nice a dress is, if it's made to fit a large woman, she just ends up looking like she's wearing a bed sheet.
With more glass going up, it's becoming obvious that this is just going to be one big boring expanse of glass. There aren't any interesting features to break up the look.
What? Like a moo-moo. Seriously, though, this is a building, not a woman. At one point you just kind of sound sexist and fat-ist. Which I suppose I'm not helping by adding 'moo-moo'.
On the topic of 'twin towers': 1) The 'Twin Towers' had one shorter than the other and 2) Do you really want to call another two towers that look similar 'twin towers'? Wouldn't that be like naming your kid after a celebrity that died a tragic death?

Sexist? Don't quite see that.. Fatist? yeah.. probably.. I like my women with a healthy weight. I just think that a large expanse of something needs to be broken up by something interesting -- in this case setbacks, sectioned designs, etc.

... oh, and I'm naming my first born Bruce Lee.

Glass is now appearing on the webcam. The first piece is right beside the elevator.

Yeah, I saw that first thing when I came in this morning.

By the end of the day we should be able to track its progress along the side of the building from the webcam

ooooooooooooooooohh.. so exciting.

I dunno Caltrane--how can you get so excited about more boring office workers? Historically, just as a major office building boom in Toronto nears completion, the Toronto housing market tanks.

Bore Adelaide Centre?

Office workers aren't boring. Some of the female ones are kinda attractive. -

Office Towers ( real ones of course) are fun to watch go up. If you haven't tuned into the Bay Adelaide webcam today you should. The glass is halfway across the 10th floor of the east face of the building.

BTW: The Toronto housing market isn't tanking, as a stock trader you should be ahead of the curve on me on that one.
(unless of course you were being sarcastic)

There are plenty of attractive office workers. They also look a lot better when they pay to make sure that no hair, skin or article of clothing is out of place.
Maybe that skin part (maybe) sounds a bit gruesome, but you know what I mean.

295473262_7156d8a40d.jpg

('appropriated' from http://www.flickr.com/photos/chanadaal/295473262/)

Back