Toronto Fly Condos | ?m | 24s | Empire | Graziani + Corazza

The only times archtiects were daring was for government-assisted housing, and that really is not being built anymore.
Regent Park is undergoing a massive redesign including construction of many TCH units.

If people do want to look across the street to a pointy balcony, they don't have to buy there. Big deal.

And just to repeat - this wall will not face 300 Front West.

We're not saying the building should be changed.
I was curious as to sales in 300 being affected, however, since it's in the other direction it won't matter.

I would be curious though if it does affect the sales demographics of the eventual building to the west, if and when, it does get developed.
In fact, I would wager to say that if the balconies from Fly were facing more SW towards the direction of Cityplace, Concord Adex would have a fit.

You may not care about feng shui, nor do I, but it does impact many people.
Just like the external design of a building affects your decision to buy or not to.

seems like Empire has slightly updated their website ... the new building design appear to be a 'tamed' down a bit and less edgey? I like v1.0 more~

It seems in version 2.0 the spacing of the funky balconies suggest now there may be building 2 storey loft units?

July vs September 2008 version
Fly.jpg
Fly20.jpg

Fly21.jpg
Fly22.jpg

I am sorry it has comes to this Urbanity, but I feel the opposite about the new render.

That must make you a super-villain and my arch-nemesis. I'll suppose we'll eventually have to do battle in the sewers or something similarly theatrical. Sorry.

PS: The lobby does look fun though.

I like the first one a lot better, the only good thing from the second one is the balconies on the front seem to be less linear.

You may not care about feng shui, nor do I, but it does impact many people. Just like the external design of a building affects your decision to buy or not to.

I do care about "feng shui"... in the sense that I'm disturbed that in this day and age people still subscribe to such nonsense

from the rendering above, version 2.0 has certain elements that reminds me of the Charlie

The new render looks way better to me. In case anyone is wondering, the sales centre is being built on the north side of the building right beside that run down store (I walk by it everyday and still forget what it is. Electronic/surplus I think?). The interior is almost done and looks nice.

Yeah, the big green fly strips and the swarm of insects approaching in v formation ...

I thought they were birds during migration season being attracted to the bright green pillars. What will the members of FLAP think?

Back