Berczy Condos, The (Concert Properties) - Real Estate -

What about the 7th floor facing east? The unit I have is very close to the corner of front & church almost across from the second cup and the layout would I get a descent amount of sunlight?

Thanks so much for the advice

From what i see on google maps, the second cup building at Front/Church is only 3s tall but there are mechanicals on the roof. The older victorian building might have taller ceilings like 10feet, so I'm guessing as long as anyone is higher than the 5th floor, the view should be okay.

Facing east is beneficial for sunlight during the daytime (ie sunrise to noon); however, it's also dependent on the fact that B1 is inset by ~10+ feet vs. being flush with the rest of the building. The suite being 21 feet wide might help but remember you have another 6 floors of solid walls 10+ feet wide on both sides of you.

Perhaps if you take another look at the model, it will give a better impression of how much of an obstruction there would be.

$334k for 595 sq ft is not $512 psf, it's 561 psf. look at this price list sheet, one plus den $329.9 for 595 sq ft, that i sthe unit B1 on the 6th floor, 7th floor is $5k more expensive so it's $334.9, $562 psf

http://www.mylasso.com/FileWarehouse/Users/User_8173/Documents/Sales%20Information%20Sheet%20Final%20May%2012.pdf

$5K per floor premium is crazy ridiculous especially for a midrise.

Hey carturo15,

To salvage your unit, I'd definitely get something in writing from the developer allowing you to install a four-season hot tub during construction (probable cost ~ $10K). I'd then rent out for $1,700/mo.

You'll have a great floor plan, great location, albeit poor views but extremely rare hot tub (for very private "extracurricular" activities :cool:) which will make up the deficit.

Total cost ~ $320K for the ultimate pleasure pad! :D

From what i see on google maps, the second cup building at Front/Church is only 3s tall but there are mechanicals on the roof. The older victorian building might have taller ceilings like 10feet, so I'm guessing as long as anyone is higher than the 5th floor, the view should be okay..

I understand that the owner of the "Second Cup Building" has City permission to add a 4th floor.

some pics of the model suite

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 301
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 299
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 290
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 298
  • berczy1.JPG
    berczy1.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 275
I may have typed too fast there Carturo15 you are correct in the price per square foot beyond that are you going to keep your unit?

I think I'm going to keep the unit based on price and location. I will be moving there as I love the location and the building. then depending on the market situation I will either rent it out or sell it in a market peak. I still have 8 days to make my decision but I think my decision is almost 99% made.

Another thing I like about the location is that there are not too many projects going on in the st. lawrence market, only Market Wharf, L Tower and the Berczy. I know Great Gulf has a lot on Church between King and Front that can be potentially developed.

A question: are you an agent? If so, while your point may be correct, it would be very self serving and hence people reading may be inclined to be somewhat skeptical of your motivations for the post.

A comment: based on my read of the previous few posts, it does not sound like agents will have fared any better than John Q Public but I guess this will need to be clarified. Am I incorrectly interpreting this or do you have additional information which would prove this wrong?

Yes, I am an agent. No I don't work for Brad Lamb or Concert. And I can say with great ease and honesty that I did fare better than "John Q Public", as I do at each and every condo site I - or my clients - are interested in. I don't like to divulge too much info but at NO condo site in the city can "John Q Public" get in before me, unless the developer is their uncle.

Someone mentioned something about this being their fourth condo sales opening. Well, I've been to many more than that (many many more than that). This whole process, experience, and event is nothing new for me, it's simply part of my job. I'll try to be nice: someone that has been in four fights is not a prize fighter, they are an amateur. In every profession (and as much as some of you hate real estate agents, it IS a profession - even if most agents aren't very good at what they do) there are pros and amateurs.

Skimming through most of the posts in here I just smile to myself. NONE of you should take any real advice from people on here. For God's sake, if you're interested in purchasing real estate or have questions regarding real estate you should seek professional advice.

And for the record, I don't really care what anyone care about my "motivation" as long as I and my clients get to purchase what they want. Real estate is a business and about dollars and cents, my job is to make people money and I'm good at what I do.

I, too, picked up an East facing unit on above the 6th floor - close to Front St.
I doubt I'll be obstructed; however, the brick wall on the East side of Church is actually quite something.
I have a bit of a love affair with brick so I won't be complaining one bit if I don't get to stare at the top of the roof next door!

Caveat emptor: Just because the structure East of Church is 3 storeys tall along Church, beware of the grade if your
unit is closer to The Esplanade.

On a sidenote -- amongst purchasers... what are some key features you would add to the purchaser's agreement that might not already be in place?
Just want to make sure I'm not missing any of the standard clauses -- assignment, development/educational levies, etc.

Also, has anybody been able to get the builder to accept any construction requests (ie. add a sliding door to a den, etc.)?

Thanks

does anyone know how much C7 sold for? it's a really great layout and facing west.

thanks.

I think I'm going to keep the unit based on price and location. I will be moving there as I love the location and the building. then depending on the market situation I will either rent it out or sell it in a market peak. I still have 8 days to make my decision but I think my decision is almost 99% made.

Another thing I like about the location is that there are not too many projects going on in the st. lawrence market, only Market Wharf, L Tower and the Berczy. I know Great Gulf has a lot on Church between King and Front that can be potentially developed.

i think your unit would be more beneficial to your neighbours to the left and front ... maybe one of them is looking to expand their condo another 650 SF and buy that one for a 'discount'.

I had a 12:30pm appt on saturday, and like many, left empty handed as selection was limited by the time i got in.

Unit C7 (1040 sq ft, 11th floor, northeast corner unit with huge terrace) sold for $830,000 (parking not included).

I had a 12:30pm appt on saturday, and like many, left empty handed as selection was limited by the time i got in.

Unit C7 (1040 sq ft, 11th floor, northeast corner unit with huge terrace) sold for $830,000 (parking not included).

Wow, $800 psf. Now, that's premium. I paid $600 psf for my two bedroom with much smaller terrace facing east.

Back