Mississauga Absolute World | 169.77m | 56s | Cityzen | MAD architects

Wow, Absolute really is stunning. Hopefully this is the start of a mini revolution for architecture in Mississauga. If the city starts improving itself at the street level as well, it might just become a tolerable place to visit.

Dude, that's an amazing photo with the classic car in the rear-view mirror.....stunning.
Continue the gr8 work Jason; just remember to get that windsreen replaced. Don't want you to get a ticket for that crack.

Thx. I may be getting a new car this spring otherwise I need to change it.

Taken from the new MCC Common Park...
20110410016.jpg

From the images above, it appears that those panels are pieces of plywood.. so if so, temporary of course.

I believe abcde was referring to this:

On a separate note, while I must give Cityzen credit for building something so iconic, I really detest the look of these towers. The shorter one looks absolutely horrible (it appears concave (read: "fat") in most photographs), and the tops of both towers are extremely distasteful. Also, the fact that there was no ultimate design intent with the balconies (ie they wrap around the entire floor on every floor of both buildings), the embarrassingly weak podium, and the lack of ANY interesting features in the facade make this project one of my least favourites currently under construction.

I do realize that I'm being a little harsh in judging these towers, but I find the developer's "we have an iconic design, therefore we can completely skimp out on the podium, interesting facade, etc., etc." ideology deplorable.

The shorter one looks absolutely horrible (it appears concave (read: "fat") in most photographs)
That's why they are twisting towers, right? The look depends on the angle. Tower 5 looks skinny at Burnhamthorpe west of Hurontario.

and the tops of both towers are extremely distasteful.
This is the one that we (and most members in this forum) agree on. They look like pop bottles because of these.

the embarrassingly weak podium
They are not finished the podium yet. Maybe you haven't seen the picture below. The finished podium looks good to me.

and the lack of ANY interesting features in the facade
It's fine the way it is for me because the tenants will mess the building up anyway.

make this project one of my least favourites currently under construction.
This is my favourite project under construction in Canada! ;)

Last edited:
Aleesia, nice rebuttal. From what I've seen of Ahmad's posts, he seems to want to piss people off by being totally contrarian to the views of the majority of the posters on any particular thread.

Aleesia, nice rebuttal. From what I've seen of Ahmad's posts, he seems to want to piss people off by being totally contrarian to the views of the majority of the posters on any particular thread.

It sems Ahmad lacks significant girth.

Have not been here for a while, but now back with those gorgeous towers almost done. Thanks again Jasonzed for those beautiful pictures..... Somehow the two towers look to me like bottles with their caps removed!

Add me to those that are disappointed by the poorly designed top. A wonderful tower looking like a decapitated Marilyn. For God's sake, it looks like a bottle cap from a generic bottle of 10 cent water.

I have to agree. While I still think the towers are gorgeous, I am also not too happy with the tops. Like earlier stated, they look to me as if somebody took the caps of two bottles. I love your ecpression: "decapitated Marilyn" even better. Therefore I try to enjpy the lower building parts and ignore the top finish!

"Jane Mansfield" ---- here stated in an earlier post by somebody - sorry forgot to post with the subject quote! ------ What a reference: Gruesome maybe but also very funny! I love it! A headless Marilyn and Jane, haha!

Last edited:
Perhaps we should start calling it the Jayne Mansfield.

Thanks Irishmonk, for the very funny reference to Jayne Mansfield. For the younger forum members who may not remember her: she was a very sexy B-movie actress of the 50s and 60s and decapitated in a car accident.

Back