Toronto Telus House - 25 York Street | 136.24m | 30s | Menkes | Sweeny &Co

Great pics.
Will that hole under the railway a link to the PATH via Union Station? If so, does anyone know roughly where it will link up to in the Station?

Nope, the core is where the tower #1 is located. It's tough to tell from that angle without actually being down at the site.

Another PATH connection to Union Station? Wouldn't they just attach to the existing connection between Union and the ACC?

It is another PATH connection and the simple answer is because they want another PATH connection. There will eventually be a second GO concourse at the west end of the station and this should connect to it.

Here I am to correct myself...

Talking to the engineers/designers at the Union Station redevelopment display yesterday it was stated that one of their top priorities for the rebuilding of Union was the construction of a new loading docks area in the south end of the station near the west end. They hope that construction can start next year as it's something that needs to be done before anything else can happen.

I asked how these loading docks were to be accessed, as the Telus Tower was under construction right in front of where they are to be built? He mentioned this big hole that we see above. Trucks will enter at the ACC parking ramp, drive under the ACC and Telus to access Union Station. Pretty impressive if you ask me (and the foresight is pretty damn impressive too).

So it seems that the parking levels of the ACC, Maple Leaf Square, and Telus are all to be interconnected.

...so the Bremner causeway between Telus and MLS will end up as a bridge, at least in part. It will be cheaper for them to keep the underground connection between the complexes small.

It's tough to tell from this image but the first floor of the elevator shafts have been poured, this thing is finally above ground. By next summer this is going to be a dramatically changed landscape.

2041187239_295f96d851_o.jpg

It was only a matter of time before they decided to build around there- frankly I am surprised at how long it took, but nonetheless it will be very different.

p5

What a dramatic view that must be from where ever that was taken. It's a shame to see the Royal York (Fairmount) get closed in, but that's progress.

Back