Toronto Minto775 King West | ?m | 17s | Minto Group | Hariri Pontarini

^Do you mean something with a few floors of retail, a nice facade that meets the street, and possible a handsome condo or office up above. That'd be nice on the location you mention.

Adjacent landowner is planning a new condo tower. It will fill in the void nicely I predict.

Preliminary Rendering

MTK_Artist.jpg

From the sales brochure: ;)

"...the ideal project for those lacking olifactory senses but who are otherwise discriminating buyers. Enjoy your morning coffee on a south-facing terrace while the onshore breeze from Lake Ontario bathes you in methane-heavy air. Minto King will make you squeal with delight -- in 986-part porcine harmony with your four-legged neighbours. Oops, make that 985...984..."

Wow that's hot: errr....not!

wow is there any building you actually do like?

edit: just noticed your anti-condo signature. guess I won't take your posts so seriously.

on another note, I think this actually looks great! will fit in with the area quite nicely

Nope, he's right. It's crap.

But so is the rest of the area, so yes. It will fit the area quite nicely. This stretch of King St will remain ugly, unfortunately :(

Actually, I like that building (but certainly do not love it). It looks like it has good massing and the potential to meet the street well. As well, the height is certainly respectful of the area and context.

I wonder if you can read my sig? Every so often I shall highlight developments I like: today's feature condo: Parkside Village by Amacon.

This Minto proposal looks like a mutt: inspired by those 1980's clunkers nearby--the Summit Condos etc--mixed in with a bit of glass. Overall, I shall wait for more before I totally rip it apart; but Minto has a history of conservatism. So it's no MOZO or EAST...they are condos I like.:)

(Btw, I am very proud of my signature: it's bold, hilarious and is my personal pov! No polite Toronto attitude from me.:)

I find it to be ok. The podium section is more appealing than the tower. I think it would look better if the podium continued along the whole block with the tower set back at the 5th or 6th floorI am worried about the materials that might use. I fear a 'Neo' style of bricks on the balconies, but given it's Minto, would mostly likely be actual brick. The final outcome could go either way and I think it will turn out better than some.

Hard to tell much given the low-quality rendering, but it doesn't look like much. In fact, it looks like it'll just crowd up that stretch of King.

Does look bulky, but I feel a lot will depend on the execution. If Great Gulf was doing this, I'd be optimistic that it would turn out similar to the Hudson (it has some similar elements) with quality finishes and good retail spaces. If Minto follows through in that fashion, this could be just fine.

In any case, should be a real big step in urbanizing this stretch - Paul Wolf and that sad Coffee Time weren't doing much for the area.

Back