810     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.7K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 785     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Ford arguing for the video's release undermines the case against him for conspiracy to extort. "But your honour, it makes no sense that my client would conspire to have people beaten and/or killed to retrieve the video. Why, just yesterday he was on the radio seeking to make the video public."

Very good point, I hadn't considered that. But I'm sure both Ford's lawyer and TPS have. Which makes it doubly absurd that he's calling for the video to be released. It's evidence, plain and simple. His hypocrisy is unbelievable: sure, he "can't comment on a matter before the courts," but let's just air some evidence from that pending court case.

Yeah, I looked up the historical references afterwards and saw that.
I guess they could be hands of any/all colours, since that is what Toronto is. People could make their own base on what material they have around.
Perhaps the coat of arms could be included on them.
I love the sidewalk chalk idea!
And the pots/pans idea.
The most important thing I think, is to start something. Things will happen in an organic way. People really seem want to express themselves about this.
No matter what, Ford has indeed brought people together in Toronto, in opposition to him.

Yeah, because nothing speaks to an 'average joe' better than a coat of arms.

You want to do this, you need to bring the fight to him. "resign" won't resonate but "coward" will. If Ford is so tough, why does he hide behind his microphone on a radio show he controls? If he's better than the media, why is he too scared to answer their questions? If he's the mayor, why does he need to ask his brother for permission before taking a shit? Lots of people struggle with addiction, so why do you think you're better than them? If you're so proud to be mayor, why do you always sneak into city hall through the back door? If you want to be a role model for your kids, why don't you start by being a man?

That line of attack will stick, and it will piss him off guaranteed.

Last edited:
Ford's non apology may have bought him some time but it will be a short reprieve.

The wiretaps are going to reveal Lisi's conversations with Basso and Siad demanding the video. It's going to clearly show why the Mayor was quiet for a week and then finally felt safe to come out and lie to Toronto that there was no video. Second, the wiretaps will also show Ford criptically asking Lisi for drugs and to meet him at the gas station. It may not be enough to charge him but the court of public opinion will hear Ford soliciting drugs loud and clear.

Finally, Rob didn't stop drinking nor has he even tried. He was slurring his words in phone calls to people last night. He can't hold this charade for too long. Like a family member who has caught him on his alcoholism, Toronto knows when he's lying.

Ford's non apology may have bought him some time but it will be a short reprieve.

The wiretaps are going to reveal Lisi's conversations with Basso and Siad demanding the video. It's going to clearly show why the Mayor was quiet for a week and then finally felt safe to come out and lie to Toronto that there was no video. Second, the wiretaps will also show Ford criptically asking Lisi for drugs and to meet him at the gas station. It may not be enough to charge him but the court of public opinion will hear Ford soliciting drugs loud and clear.

Finally, Rob didn't stop drinking nor has he even tried. He was slurring his words in phone calls to people last night. He can't hold this charade for too long. Like a family member who has caught him on his alcoholism, Toronto knows when he's lying.

Do we know when the wiretaps will come out?

You're referring to the Project Traveller wiretaps, right? Because the Brazen 2 wiretaps didn't happen until much later in the game. Do we know that Siad and/or Basso were the subject of Traveller wiretaps?

I sent an email to the entire executive committee and threatened to spread the word over failure to act on social media networks (of which I have a respectable following) in case the fail to act immediately to have the mayor step down. It felt good, hopefully something can come of this pressure.

I'm beginning to wish Blair hadn't told us about the video when he did. It overshadowed the other revelations about hanging out with criminals and exchanging packages in dark parking lots on multiple occasions. Instead of worrying about who Ford spends his time with and what they are up to, attention has shifted to he needs to get his drinking under control.

Here's hoping more damning info will come out soon (I am sure there is plenty) and that it just all keeps piling up so that RoDoFo and the hotmail lawyer simply won't be able to keep up with all the deflections

Well, I finally got off my ass, and wrote Gord Perks. I think I'll email the executive next. I'm a computer programmer, not a word smith, so apologies if this letter could be better. I think I'll hold off on emailing the executive until I see some suggestions here about how to phrase these letters. Anyway, here's my letter to Gord Perks

Dear Gord Perks:

Hello, my name is Michael Bennett, and I'm a resident of Parkdale, and have been since two thousand, and nine. I'm writing you today to formally voice my disgust, and contempt for the mayor of Toronto: Rob Ford. For over the last decade Rob Ford has been a disgrace to this city, yet somehow a large minority of Toronto voted him into the mayor's office. Over the last two, and half years Ford has turned the governance of this city into a laughing stock, and this must end.

I wish I could have written you sooner, but I've been extremely busy with work. The gravity of this situation is extreme enough that I'm writing this email from a family wedding in the Caribbean.

I do not think I need to go into the specific details of why Rob Ford is not fit for office, but I will mention a few anyway. Perhaps the most frightening part of all of this is that there is a high probability that Rob Ford has been compromised by criminals in the form of blackmail, or extortion. I think it is unacceptable for the mayor of Canada's largest city to be continuously putting himself in these compromising positions.

What's possibly worse is Rob Ford's refusal to even acknowledge that he has done anything wrong. Yesterday (Sunday November 3rd 2013) Rob Ford used his personal radio program to somewhat address two isolated incidents of buffoonery. While Ford's drunken escapades are not a good thing, they are far from the crux of the matter.

I would very much like you, Gord Perks, to formerly denounce mayor Rob Ford, and ask for his resignation. If you are able to gain support with other councillors, and denounce the mayor as a group, that would be even better.

Judging from the contents of the ITO (I've only read the first one hundred and fifty pages so far) we will be subject to more unsavoury revelations about our mayor's activities. I do not wish to see Toronto endure more of this.

Thank you for your help,

(Contact info redacted)

PS

If you require any assistance from me regarding this matter, or any further information, don't hesitate to contact me. I am very vocal on the internet with my opinions, and with facts concerning Rob Ford.

PPS

Here in the Caribbean even our bus boy is making crack jokes when we mention Toronto.

>and threatened to spread the word over failure to act on social media networks (of which I have a respectable following)

What's your Twitter handle for those interested in following you?

>and threatened to spread the word over failure to act on social media networks (of which I have a respectable following)

Dude - use the "reply with quote" button - that's what it's there for.

Not sure I want to out myself here just yet. We can talk about that though if nothing happens in the days ahead.

I'm pretty sure Ford is doubling-down on the idea that Lisi will plead guilty.

If Lisi pleads guilty and there's no trial, from when I understand, the video will get buried. If he pleads not-guilty, that's when it gets shown in court.

Ford can plead and plead and plead right now, believing it will never see the light of day, and then in the future he can say "Listen everyone, I tried to get it released, I told Bill Blair, etc etc" - and to his supporters, that's good enough. He seems to be playing to the only strategy he has left - "Keep the core supporters, don't worry about pleasing anyone else".

At least Lorne was pushing back a little bit in his interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back