News   Mar 28, 2024
 975     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 548     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 842     0 

Pizza!

A friend of mine, who likes the take-out Turkish pizza at Pizza Pide - that place on Gerrard near Poverty Square - invited me over for some yesterday, and I rather liked it.

I had an excellent Patata and Pancetta pizza, when I lunched with my baritone friend on the patio at Mangia and Bevi on King East last week. The waiter wore a t-shirt with the slogan: 12" UNCUT, ... which I realized referred to the pizza, when it was delivered.

http://www.mbresto.com/catering.html

FYI, a new "gourmet" Pizza restaurant in the same class as Pizzeria Libretto just recently opened in the midtown area on Mt. Pleasant called Viva Napoli. Haven't been yet but just glad this is opened in the area since Pizzeria Libretto is too far.

Pizza Pizza......................

LOL!.. just kidding! :p it would be jokes if someone literally suggested that!

i dunno about Chicago pizza.. i had it on my last visit, and it wasn't to my liking. the crust/dough is too thick, heavy, and filling, and isn't soft enough. it kinda just sits there on your plate.... but for a once-in-a-while thing it isn't too bad.

I still prefer NY pizza. i could eat that all day long.

and ya, pizziallo makes good pizza.. i haven't been there in a long time.

Parlour Deep Dish Pizza - the only decent pizza in Toronto I have found. Just opened delivery (and takeout?) only out of Trevor on Wellington.

regina trattoria on college. Ttraditional pizza. No fancy thin crust or gourmet toppings-just great pizza.

Parlour Deep Dish Pizza - the only decent pizza in Toronto I have found. Just opened delivery (and takeout?) only out of Trevor on Wellington.

I ordered from Parlour once. I thought it was good, but it was $25, plus $7 delivery charge. Now this is a very thick deep dish pizza, so there is a lot to eat, but $40 for delivery after tax and tip has kept me from ordering again.
NB: you can't go to Trevor and pick this up. You have to pay the delivery charge.

Last edited:
QMP is the best of all, in my opinion. I used to play football with the chef in my old condo, too! I never knew until on a trip to the Pizzeria I saw a picture of him hanging on the wall.

Marcello's Pizzeria has a wide selection of absolutely amazing Italian pizzas. Nice thin crust, fabulous toppings and a perfect balance of flavours. There's a location in Vaughan and another one at Dufferin & St. Clair.

Back