News   Apr 16, 2024
 497     3 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 421     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 778     0 

The Tenor (10 Dundas St E, Ent Prop Trust, 10s, Baldwin & Franklin)

• Thread starter billy corgan19982
  • Start date
Jack's opens today...can't wait to hit that patio. Wait its after 11, I'm out of here!

Be careful if you're ordering food and have a heart condition. Jack Astors food is dangerously high in sodium, even for perfectly healthy people.

Milestones is just as bad, if not worse, and lunch/dinner there can easily exceed your daily dietary requirements for the next two days (and not in a good way).

Diddy would be in a gang called the "posse" seeing as he is largely a 'possee' himself. Interesting story tho Cal - what store did you steal your trainers from?

No - I never stole. They kept on asking me to though. Finally I got fed up and just said "let me out of this thing".

Be careful if you're ordering food and have a heart condition. Jack Astors food is dangerously high in sodium, even for perfectly healthy people.

Milestones is just as bad, if not worse, and lunch/dinner there can easily exceed your daily dietary requirements for the next two days (and not in a good way).

Thanks for the advice, I'll stick with the cold beverages. Went at lunch but patio was packed...have to say the view is awesome.

I was at the Adidas store today. This place indeed sets the tone for the building and I hope everybody follows their example!

The three stripes lead you into the store which is nicely designed, open and well lit. The ceiling is uncovered like that of the rest of the building, but they actually understand the industrial look. The ceilings are dark (black if I recall) and there are bright drop downs – the lit stripes being the best example. These drop downs set a virtual ceiling height that prevent you from looking at the uncovered part.

The second floor is nice with both sides overlooking the main floor with glass sided rails.

There's a curved glass window next to the bridge to Toronto Life Square's lobby which carries up to the second floor as well. It adds a nice touch, colour and movement (people) to both the store and TLS's lobby.

Jack Astors was open today and looked great. It adds a lot of life to the top floor. I think this floor will look the best once Milestone's and Woo's open in June. The exposed ceiling near Jack Astor's is painted black which is what the rest of the building should do.

Toronto Life Square can still be salvaged like that in this regard. Paint all their exposed ceiling and vents black and drop down some interesting, colourful and lit ceiling elements to distract from the uncovered ceiling above.

Speaking of thugs, gangs and hip hop clothing: A trio of guys in that attire, walking up the escalator ahead of me went into Jack Astor's. They were greeted but made it no further than 20 ft past the front door. They got their first (??) lesson in how there are rules to society: if you make people feel uncomfortable with your clothes, your cursing or your attitude, you're not welcome in certain places. They were asked to leave.

Speaking of thugs, gangs and hip hop clothing: A trio of guys in that attire, walking up the escalator ahead of me went into Jack Astor's. They were greeted but made it no further than 20 ft past the front door. They got their first (??) lesson in how there are rules to society: if you make people feel uncomfortable with your clothes, your cursing or your attitude, you're not welcome in certain places. They were asked to leave.

Thanks for your observations Metroman...I'm excited to make it down to TLS and check it out. As for these guys in hip hop attire, did they do something that justified the Jack Astor's people asking them to leave? Cuz if not, that just sounds discriminatory.

Thanks for your observations Metroman...I'm excited to make it down to TLS and check it out. As for these guys in hip hop attire, did they do something that justified the Jack Astor's people asking them to leave? Cuz if not, that just sounds discriminatory.

Enforcing proper attire is not discriminatory.

And I applaud Jack Astors for actually doing that

I didn't go in behind them so I'm not sure if they did anything to justify being ejected. I just went up there to check the progress on that floor.

Judging from the way they were acting – with a thug attitude – and cursing on their way up the escalators, if I were the manager of the restaurant, I'd dispense with their business too.

"Yo! Wassup?" doesn't sound too reassuring to a manager that these people will behave properly when they're seated. I wouldn't risk offending other guests and ruining my restaurant's reputation. I'd rather send out three guys who obviously need etiquette lessons than have my other guests feel uncomfortable and not want to return in the future.

If you can't behave in a proper way socially, you're bound to be embarassed like they were. They need to grow up if they want to be accepted into "grown up" establishments. In the meantime, they can hang around at Timmies and food courts.

What is "proper" attire at Jack Astors? I've never been to any of these "upper class" chain restaurants, so I'm curious.

^That keeps out 40% of Toronto's under-25 set. Yikes. Glad I finally got my hair cut or they'd kick me out too.

I'm not sure it was just their attire. They were pretty mute compared to some hip hop clothing that I've seen kids wearing. I assume it was the entire package. Being rude, walking in with an attitude and probably still cursing after they walked into the restaurant convinced the manager that the business of these guests wasn't worth risking offending other guests.

As a matter of fact, a couple of blokes wearing jeans and tshirts walked in right after and were served.

I'm not against the whole hip hop style, I've seen some pretty well dressed guys with new jeans and big shirts. Some kids think that they can wear any rag as long as its oversized.

It's like wearing a blue velvet leisure suit with unhemmed pants and the wrong shirt and tie to a formal event....

Thanks for the clarification Metroman. As I didn't see this happen I'm not gonna pass judgment on it. I don't believe Jack Astor's is nearly "upper class"(I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, urbandreamer) enough for them to kick out anyone wearing a baggy jacket and pants, so as for Petra's comment about them enforcing "proper" attire at the restaurant, I'm not so sure that was the reason.

Anyway. We are digressing...any comments on the decor of the restaurant?

^That keeps out 40% of Toronto's under-25 set. Yikes. Glad I finally got my hair cut or they'd kick me out too.

I'm not sure what company you keep urbandreamer but none of my under 25 yr old friends act like that. Maybe my friends' 14 year olds do. You'd think that kids will figure themselves out and outgrow that by 18, 19.

Anyway. We are digressing...any comments on the decor of the restaurant?

The restaurant was great from what I could see from the outside. The patio view looked amazing from my vantage point. I think I'm gonna take a friend there for her birthday on Friday.

Once Milestones and Woo's open up and PenEquity finished the ceiling – they better! The existing mess can be seen from anywhere in the building and people naturally look up when they're on an up escalator – the 4th floor is going to look great. There will only be a small blank wall left (which can be covered with movie posters or something).

Back