News   Mar 28, 2024
 508     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 403     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 743     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bazis is looking for someone to buy up to 50% of the project.

Seriously, someone has some serious mental health issues if they spend so much time simply setting up accounts to spread false rumours about this project. Toskier, seriously, see a doctor as soon as you can.

I wouldn't be so quick to accuse this individual is the same one we had been dealing with - but rest assured, I will be watching - very closely.

AoD

I think most of us here are capable of discounting flat statements like this, made without any attribution by a person who has no history on this forum. I don't know who he thinks he is fooling.

This project seems to have attracted more than its share of commentary coming from people who seem to be very eager to see it fail. I find this strange.

Passenger: Did you hear the Blue Jays score?
Cabbie: Yeah. They lost 5-2.
Passenger: Oh, that's too bad.
Cabbie: Yes, and I know why they lost this game.
Passenger: Why?
Cabbie: Let's just say that where I come from in Europe, certain people always made problems.
Passenger: What?
Cabbie: Look, I'm not prejudiced, but I read that those guys are always troublemaking.
Passenger: Who? The Blue Jays?
Cabbie: Look, I said I'm not prejudiced. I just think they should stop trying to control everybody's lives.
Passenger: Who are you talking about?
[screech]
Cabbie: O.K. get out of my cab.
Passenger: What?
Cabbie: I said get out of my cab, you Serbian bastard.
Passenger: I'm not Serbian.
Cabbie: Ah, that's what they all say. Get out of here before I beat your brains into pulp. Come on. Get out.

I just hope demolition finishes soon and some excavation happens this year ... so that we can be assured that 1BE is going forward (and to stop the crazy rumours)

I just hope demolition finishes soon and some excavation happens this year ... so that we can be assured that 1BE is going forward (and to stop the crazy rumours)

Nothing will ever stop the crazy romours. This guy (or these guys or girls, who really cares?) is like those idiots who protest outside Subway franchises with bristol board signs saying "No Sub No Sub No Sub..." because this outlet denied them a free sub on their sub card because most of the stamps came from another franchise. It doesn't matter that subway discontinued the subcard years ago the dude is still at it, every day in lieu of a job or any self-respect. Picture Krammer only more pathetic.

I'm prefacing this post with a call to refrain from automatic flaming. Let's try to look at this debate from another angle.

There are obviously many people out there who hear negative rumours about this project, about Bazis trying to sell, about problems financing, about paying their brokers, etc etc. I have heard all those rumours from what I would expect to be fairly reputable sources. However, they ARE just rumours. That's it and that's all.

But all you Bazis apologists out there, doesn't it make you wonder? There is an old saying, "where there is smoke, there is fire." Can you be so sure about yourselves that you would dismiss posters out of hand when they post about these things?

Just think about it.

Last night, I asked two cops standing beside me as I took this photo "Is 1 Bloor East cancelled?" They replied: "We hope so, because traffic is bad enough around here." lol

DSC00036-2.jpg

HDLtd:

Thanks for your post. Some of the rumours are substantiated by forumers that are known to us and are therefore considered to be reliable, whereas others are more or less rants by indivdiuals with issues/agendas of their own (with an instance where the person has been banned multiple (10+) number of times). Given this background, it's understandable why some are suspicious of these rumours.

AoD

Why would anyone think this project is cancelled? There's been no attention or factual information to suggest to the contrary. There may be debate about height approvals, but from previous media reports, it will be settled this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back