News   Mar 28, 2024
 17     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 203     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 2.1K     1 

Target

I've never been to a Target store (in the U.S)..and I've always thought is was exactly like a Walmart..can someone tell me what's so great about it...

Been to Zellers?.....Hello Target.

Kmart is better than Target And been to 45 states to see them first hand. Then, Kmart not like they used to be in the past.

Workers at the SQ1 location are also saying June as the target date for closing and then early Spring for the Target opening. 10-30% here, too though a few small items (e.g. greeting cards) were 40% off. Most of the mens clothing I looked at was 30% off.

June 18 or sooner is the closing date. Supposed to take 6-7 months to gut it and turn it into a Target.

Was in the mall today for the first time since my March visit an a lot of empty space now from the 10-30% discount price. Better off buying items at a lower price at Walmart. The restaurant is history as well magic cut and the eye glass places.

I'm surprised they not closing the store at the end of April, as it would allow them time to open in December, just in time for the Christmas Rush.

I am only over at the mall 2 or 3 times a month if that.

I was at the Shoppers World in Brampton today and a worker in the Zellers was telling me that the store is closing in September.

They are not yet, doing a liquidation..

Is this the date for the 2nd phase of stores to close?

September closing sounds about right for timing for a February or March 2013 re-opening. Perhaps some stores close earlier to spread the work around.

Funny thing is that the new Shoppers World terminal opens right on the corner in front of Zellers/Target in September - that means it's going to be a mess trying to get into the mall from the buses as the Zellers entrance is closest to the terminal.

Last edited:
Are all the Zellars going through lengthy closures before becoming Target or Giant Tiger? I'd have thought it would have been phased in, to avoid alienating the customer base, who'd have found other places to shop in the interim. The Woolco to Walmart and K-Mart to Zellars transitions didn't require closures.

Are all the Zellars going through lengthy closures before becoming Target or Giant Tiger? I'd have thought it would have been phased in, to avoid alienating the customer base, who'd have found other places to shop in the interim. The Woolco to Walmart and K-Mart to Zellars transitions didn't require closures.

Yes, all stores will close before being converted. The main difference between Target's arrival and the Woolco-to-Walmart and KMart/Zellers conversions, is that Walmart bought Woolco as a company, including the physical stores, the inventory, and the employees. Target bought from Zellers some real estate and the right to lease space ... nothing else comes with the purchase. So staying open during the conversion isn't really an option.

Anyone know the fate for the Zellers in Galleria Mall? I cant imagine Target wanting to get in on that. possibly the last nail in Galleria's coffin? hello redevelopment! (fingers crossed).

Target bought from Zellers some real estate and the right to lease space ... nothing else comes with the purchase. So staying open during the conversion isn't really an option.

True, but the 6 months to renovate seems quite excessive. I mean, you can really build a Walmart-type store from the ground up in 6 months. And it's not that the stores look is that drastically different either..

Given the Dyan Marie et al element within the nabe, I can see the Galleria Zellers turning into some kind of "art space" for whatever duration...

Back