News   Mar 28, 2024
 262     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 245     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 284     0 

Target

I dunno about the SQ1 location but I was in the Guelph store on the weekend and the sales were very dissapointing.

10-30% off everything was the signage, with most things only being 10% off. All clothes and electronics were 10, while books and toys were 20 to 30% off.. The store was VERY full and frankly I can't see how it would become empty in just over two months unless they start heavily discounting stuff. 10% off clothes? Come on.. their regular sales were better than that!

I dunno about the SQ1 location but I was in the Guelph store on the weekend and the sales were very dissapointing.

10-30% off everything was the signage, with most things only being 10% off. All clothes and electronics were 10, while books and toys were 20 to 30% off.. The store was VERY full and frankly I can't see how it would become empty in just over two months unless they start heavily discounting stuff. 10% off clothes? Come on.. their regular sales were better than that!

absolutely! I walked into a store and noticed that the prices for certain items were 10% more than Walmart (let's say). So really, not a sale. I can get 10% off with my SPC card.

The store at East York Town Centre is now selling off its store fixtures. Looks like they should be ready to shut down any week now.

So far as I know, all of the stores are selling 'store fixtures' as soon as they put up the 'Store Closing' banner.

Shopper's World Danforth now has that banner, I inquired with staff about the actual shut down date, and they said the target is mid-June.

They are under the impression most stores in the 'first round' will have close outs on or about the same day.

They will also be acting as liquidator for stuff "The Bay" doesn't want at many stores.

I don't know, but I suspect that discounts will be increased every few weeks in an effort to liquidate everything.

Let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case, Northern Light. Right now it may be 10-30% off, but a couple weeks later it may be 20-50% off, and near the end 50-75% off. At some point they'll reach a kill price and nothing will stay on the shelves.

The store at East York Town Centre is now selling off its store fixtures. Looks like they should be ready to shut down any week now.

A little deja vu for me here. I was living in Thorncliffe Park in the 90s when the EYTC Woolco liquidated over a period of several weeks.

Workers at the SQ1 location are also saying June as the target date for closing and then early Spring for the Target opening. 10-30% here, too though a few small items (e.g. greeting cards) were 40% off. Most of the mens clothing I looked at was 30% off.

So far as I know, all of the stores are selling 'store fixtures' as soon as they put up the 'Store Closing' banner.

The Zellers at EYTC had the closing blowout banner up for more than a month now. The fixture sign is new and has only recently gone up.

It's not uncommon to start blowouts low and gradually increase. They have a couple months so they will try to maximize their profits before getting desperate.

On a side note, the Ajax location is closing in September for conversion to a Target.

I've never been to a Target store (in the U.S)..and I've always thought is was exactly like a Walmart..can someone tell me what's so great about it...

I've never been to a Target store (in the U.S)..and I've always thought is was exactly like a Walmart..can someone tell me what's so great about it...

I've only been to Targets once or twice.. Visually, think of a bigger new-format Zellers store.. Colors and look being similar. However, the product selection is way better. Quality of stuff is higher than Zellers or Walmart.. And the most important part, the employees give a damn! ;)

Everything is made in China, from $10 shirts at Wal Mart to $350 shirts at Holt Renfrew. I think one reason Target is popular is that Target actually cares about how the store looks. Target stores i have been in, are always spotless and well organized, unlike Wal Mart. Another reason i like Target is because the store doesn't attract the trailer trash. I always feel like i need to take a shower after visiting a Wal Mart.

The product selection is what I like, but somehow I doubt they're going to actually bring everything up with them. I just hope it isn't completely watered down when they open.

Back