Our burgers can't be beat,
'Cause we grind our own meat,
Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind,

When you drive away,
You'll really hear us say,
We bid you bye, bye, bye, bye, bye,
We bid you bye, bye, bye, bye, bye!

Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes)

Not sure if there's an official thread but I noticed that Great Gulf Homes (GGH) has started to market a new project on the north-west corner of King & Charlotte east of the Hudson and south of Glas. The link is www.charliecondos.com.

If it were in the Village, what might Charlie be named for
Charles_Nelson_Reilly.jpg

^Let's just hope the proposed condo doesn't follow the arc of intelligence experienced by the main character.

I really really really hope they don't change the building's design at all from when it was called "The Victory". But the fact that the website doesn't have one rendering on it makes me wonder if they did in fact change it.

That'd make me angry... just cuz of a name change, they don't need to change the design.

I really really really hope they don't change the building's design at all from when it was called "The Victory". But the fact that the website doesn't have one rendering on it makes me wonder if they did in fact change it.

That'd make me angry... just cuz of a name change, they don't need to change the design.

Just a hunch, but based on the name, I'd say this project has undergone a complete redesign. The Victory by D&S rendering doesn't look like a condo that loves you. It looks like a very serious, no-fooling-around building. I didn't dislike the design, but I hope they put something more playful here.

I didn't dislike the design, but I hope they put something more playful here.

^^You are talking about Diamond and Schmitt right? I just don't think playful is in their nature; conservative/serious is more likely.

p5

^^You are talking about Diamond and Schmitt right? I just don't think playful is in their nature; conservative/serious is more likely.

p5
I agree, but maybe Diamond & Schmitt is no longer involved in the project.

After the rigmarole it took to get this proposal approved, including extensive community consultations on the design, I'd be very surprised if it had been significantly altered.

Back