Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

It seems to be much to far from where the tower will rise to be an external tower crane. Perhaps it will be used to unload materials from Yonge Street onto the plaza/work site, as was the case with the Ritz. Or perhaps the crane will be relocated later on in construction, as was the case with the Four Seasons.

Yeah I thought of this but, the curve of the tower will be quite a distance from the base as it rises and it is the only place possible for an external crane, as there is no room on the other three sides.

Something like this... Sorry for the quick and crude render.

4929787637_2da0189603_z.jpg

It was just speculation on my part.

terrific news! ^^^ That came sooner than i thought it would... this is amazing. Both Aura and L tower getting cranes :D!. just an awesome week :D

Yeah I thought of this but, the curve of the tower will be quite a distance from the base as it rises and it is the only place possible for an external crane, as there is no room on the other three sides.

Something like this... Sorry for the quick and crude render.

It was just speculation on my part.

I don't know... still seems much too far away:

NewLTowermodel.jpg

Where's Cityzen at a time like this?

The L Tower will look spectacular once you cross over King walking south on Yonge Street. Currently I find it a little depressing when I walk through there.

Yonge & Front is cleaning up very nicely. The 3 new patios (Fran's,Houston,O&B) have added a lot of energy. When I went by today the area was absolutely packed and the very stylish indoor/outdoor patio at O&B was full up.

The L Tower will look spectacular once you cross over King walking south on Yonge Street. Currently I find it a little depressing when I walk through there.

Really, depressing? I love the streetwall through that stretch; the old Dominion Bank Building with 1KW above it, CPR Building, old Royal Bank Building, Trader's Bank Building, which then lead down to the restored stretch of buildings sitting in front of the Brookfield Place towers. You've also got the old British Colonial Building (ironically the "Irish Embassy" pub), and as androiduk mentioned, the new patios too.

Come to think of it, this is a great stretch. Not depressing in the least.

edit to add Streetview view to reaffirm awesomeness: Yonge looking south. My chief complaint would be a general lack of exciting retail and entertainment, although it's getting better. O&B, Petite Thuet (anyone tried this place yet? It looks decent), and of course Sleep Country. I like to pretend I need a new mattress and take naps in the showroom. I think they're on to me.

Last edited:
Good points egotrippin. I guess the fact that I work down there makes it more depressing for me personally:). I've stayed at 1 King West and tried Petit Thuet. They have excellent sandwiches (have them warm it for you).

That's not a very deep hole at all. Is there above-ground parking, or do lots of the units not get a space? I guess it's possible that because of the size of the dig compared to the tower's footprint, they can cram a lot more spaces into one level than other projects.

If I'm not mistaken there won't be any parking at L. Instead they will incorporate the parking for both buildings just across the way in Backstage.

That's not a very deep hole at all. Is there above-ground parking, or do lots of the units not get a space? I guess it's possible that because of the size of the dig compared to the tower's footprint, they can cram a lot more spaces into one level than other projects.

You need to read back in the thread and look at the thread for 5-7 The Esplanade - most of the parking for the L Tower (address is 8, The Esplanade) will be on south side of The Esplanade in the lower floors of this building.

Back