Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

A transfer slab is essentially a floor that is acting as a beam, by transfering loads from one column to another column that is not point loaded directly beneath it.

This means that it takes longer to form and pour that floor, because there will be more rebar. It also means that column forms are going to be re-jigged for the next floor, which also causes a delay.

Last edited:
Pics taken July 1, 2011

zUazv.jpg

312sS.jpg

GQwId.jpg

June 30
You need to check my site for June 30 as there are a lot more photos up there and spread all over the place from shooting from the east, west or the south.

From Bathurst
5892236789_cf13256ec8_b.jpg

5892252095_94a43d0ae6_b.jpg

From Jarvis
5892882324_1e15d9c065_b.jpg

From Bay
5892525573_c8fc40569a_b.jpg

5893091184_7aa8625a8a_b.jpg

5893105206_26f0be9333_b.jpg

5892536667_8a0ac6bd53_b.jpg

I hit the Bell Lightbox to see the 4pm showing of one of my favorate all time films, C.R.A.Z.Y. at 4pm. I left early so that I could walk around and take in Shangri-la and Trump as I haven't been down there since February, maybe March. It's just my opinion but I don't find Trump looks any better (or worse) than the slew of terrific photos that have been posted here so I'm still neutral on the whole thing. Shangri-la on the other hand looks even better in person than most photographs. It fits in so perfectly on University Ave. that it blew me away, not to mention how good it's looking so far. I just have such a positive feeling that this is going to be the true winner of the five-star high-rise's that are being built this cycle. I can't wait to see it completed.

Pics taken July 1, 2011

zUazv.jpg

freakin intense! (and gorgeous!). This one is starting to look just like the renders! I feel like i'm living in a photo:

trump3.jpg

and a good sign of progress in drum's photo with that concrete pouring machine atop Trump, it shouldn't be too much longer before we see some more vertical progress,

I actually think the opposite ^^^, it's difficult to compare the two, considering how different they are, but at the end of the day, Trump Chicago is more appealing to me,

I actually think the opposite ^^^, it's difficult to compare the two, considering how different they are, but at the end of the day, Trump Chicago is more appealing to me,

I just hate the chunkiness of Chicago's. I love the slim, sexiness of TrumpTO!

I just hate the chunkiness of Chicago's. I love the slim, sexiness of TrumpTO!

you have to get the angle right, from the East/West (chicago river), it can look chunky, however, from certain angles, this thing is really skinny!

That is one thing i love about Trump Chicago, it's the shape of the building that you can never get your head around, it can look so different depending on where you're standing. it's completely non linear. :) and it fits in well with the surrounding area, much like the one in Toronto.

Chicago_TrumpTower.jpg

http://thepeoplescube.com/images/events/2009.06.26Chicago/Chicago_TrumpTower.jpg

20080924_Trump_International_Hotel_%26_Tower.JPG

http://www.esacademic.com/pictures/eswiki/50/20080924_Trump_International_Hotel_&_Tower.JPG

I'm from Montreal ans was in Chicago laso week for the weekend and in Toronto as I write. The Chicago trump is a lit more interesting and much more imposing than trump Toronto. And the Chicago waterfront is far superior to toronto's! Toronto needs a lot of beautification work on it's sidewalks and boulevards to be half as appealing as Chicago. That's my 2 cents worth. Bloor is looking nice but chicago's Michigan is even better with their planters and arrangements!!

I'm from Montreal ans was in Chicago laso week for the weekend and in Toronto as I write. The Chicago trump is a lit more interesting and much more imposing than trump Toronto. And the Chicago waterfront is far superior to toronto's! Toronto needs a lot of beautification work on it's sidewalks and boulevards to be half as appealing as Chicago. That's my 2 cents worth. Bloor is looking nice but chicago's Michigan is even better with their planters and arrangements!!

i like how the tower meets the river, with that riverwalk and those pillars coming down at the base. We have no chicago river nor an equivalent, so it makes a hard comparison.

a smaller scale version of Trump Chicago with different design elements, would only suit a location such as Burano or Shangri-la, where the streets angle inwards so something like that can make its mark. of course though, much shorter and less massive,

idk if anyone agrees, but Trump Tower TO is ridiculously better than Trump Tower Chi-town :s

2769297983_edbc358726.jpg

source: http://chicagophotoblog.com/chicago/streeterville/trump-international-hotel-tower-chicago/

Really? That's interesting...from my perspective, in overall execution, the Chicago Trump wins over Toronto's hands-down. I'm not saying Chi-town Trump is excellent; I just think it's a better building than what we have here in Toronto (regardless of the fact that ours is not complete yet)! But you know what's ridiculously better: Chicago's downtown (overall) than Toronto's downtown (overall). Do you agree with that at least, DC83? :)

Back