182     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 385     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is exactly what I've been trying to say. If the goal is to pressure Ford to step down, the target audience must be his enablers (and Ford Nation). If the goal is to feel good about yourself and preach to the choir, go ahead and repeat the same message from the last three years. Ford Nation is ready to shoot down that message with some "one billion gravy trains private garbage collection fighting the unions respect for taxpayers" bullshit.

Great points; could I ask you to review the site and send me revisions to make it more appealing to Ford Nation members? :) www.savetoronto.ca / info@savetoronto.ca

Great points; could I ask you to review the site and send me revisions to make it more appealing to Ford Nation members? :) www.savetoronto.ca / info@savetoronto.ca
I'd be happy to review it, but I think step one is the media getting away from the schizophrenic cycle they're trapped in right now. Wilner's article is a very good first step. People (Ford Nation) need to realize their beloved hero is in grave danger of dropping dead soon. His behaviour fits that of an addict, and his enablers and codependents are doing everything they can to maintain status quo. That type of message can wrestle control away from Doug Ford.

Johnny Au:

Yeah, and I wonder how many of said mandarin speakers will skin their kids alive if they are caught, gawd forbid, smoking dope...

AoD

I'd be happy to review it, but I think step one is the media getting away from the schizophrenic cycle they're trapped in right now. Wilner's article is a very good first step. People (Ford Nation) need to realize their beloved hero is in grave danger of dropping dead soon. His behaviour fits that of an addict, and his enablers and codependents are doing everything they can to maintain status quo. That type of message can wrestle control away from Doug Ford.

I'll go through the site and make the key message: "He needs to step down for his own health and to recoup"

BYLIv-4CAAASbxp.jpg

My mother told me that the Mandarin edition of OMNI News had a poll with regards to Rob Ford's resignation. Guess how many people wanted him to resign? 15%.

That's why we need visual evidence. The video has a good chance of coming out before the election. Put it on replay on OMNI TV for weeks on end and see how many people regardless of their language or understanding of politics disown the guy.

That's why we need visual evidence. The video has a good chance of coming out before the election. Put it on replay on OMNI TV for weeks on end and see how many people regardless of their language or understanding of politics disown the guy.

Nope, what they need are key members of the community calling his behaviour BS, unacceptable and contrary to their own values.

AoD

Nope, what they need are key members of the community calling his behaviour BS, unacceptable and contrary to their own values.

AoD
True.

My mother also told me that much of those viewers live in Scarborough and approve of him, regardless of his personal life. She told me that she cares about me and does not care about Rob Ford's personal life, as she bore me, not Rob Ford.

If I were caught smoking crack cocaine, my mother would either have the police arrest me, or if the police kept me free, give me enough crack cocaine to kill me.

Fortunately, I don't smoke crack cocaine and I disagree with my mother with regards to Rob Ford.

Olivia Chow should appear on both the Mandarin and the Cantonese editions of OMNI News to call him out.

Last edited:
Great work, thanks for taking this on amid a torrent of cynical doubters on this board. Only advice would be to do what a poster suggested earlier and email media!

There's a toronto sun reporter on twitter who is trying to get a hold of an organizer. Did anyone reach out to her?

Honestly the best thing is for this video to come out in 8/9 months, not now ... as Fords wants (i.e. assuming he knows it'll be out some time or another the sooner the better for him) ... if it comes out now there's time to forgot about it. Delay till much closer to the election, its a different story ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back