News   Mar 28, 2024
 61     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 543     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 352     0 

Boycott Dove

I'm someone who has already spent the standard number of years doing post-secondary education and is about to do years more of it, but I don't understand why do people get outraged when someone makes more money than some other people who have a higher education? Where is this universal guarantee that if you go to college/university, you must make more than people in manufacturing? Is this a universal law written somewhere that I don't know of?

If you want to go to university and get a job, that's your choice. I've made that choice, and I see no need to bitch about what someone in manufacturing, blue-collar work makes.

I understand the frustration at people who seem very greedy and want to make even more money when they already seem extremely well-paid in a rather menial job, but please do NOT bitch about who has education and who doesn't... that's a separate issue. Yes, greed is frustrating. But so are unrelated arguments that make it sound as if going to university should be a guarantee of more pay. Why? Because you chose to do a Masters? Because you spent four years doing an (easy and very common) arts program?

It comes across as very class-ist and whiny to complain. Would you like to take their factory job? No? Then be quiet! These are two different spheres of work, and again, the education argument is irrelevant. Not everyone should have to go to university or college, and if you did, that's your choice.

Good day!

Last edited:
The richest people general have limited education, no MBAs or PhDs, but run large companies and hire the educated folks. Look at Jobs, Stronach, Gates, and most of the wealthiest people you've heard of, and you see that it wasn't education that got them to riches.

The richest people general have limited education, no MBAs or PhDs, but run large companies and hire the educated folks. Look at Jobs, Stronach, Gates, and most of the wealthiest people you've heard of, and you see that it wasn't education that got them to riches.

Buffet has a masters, so do Balsillie and Blankfein. You're just making this up.

"We pay good money but the 20ish grads."

As a 20ish grad, I can say I have heard this a few times. It was always said by companies that offer garbage money and have dumb rules like "no IPods at your desk." Now I have no idea about your company or who you are so this isn't about you but, my generation won't sit around earning crap while senior executives take home millions. I have no respect for the Baby Boomer workers who just rolled over and took no raises for 20 years while their company's executives increased their salaries 100X and they then tell my generation to expect even less than what they had and be thankful for even getting that!

EDIT: OK sorry with the ranty and somewhat non-sensical hyperbole above! But the point is the endless "you're lucky to even have a job!" lines thrown at people my age is getting tiresome. I can and do get all my work done and done properly with my earbuds plugged in.

I think the Occupy movement was on to something with this and a lot of people my age sympathized with the movement because of it. Of course they unfortunately couldn't get organized and just became a big circus so we're back to where we started.

Last edited:

Back