News   Apr 19, 2024
 559     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 614     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

9T6 (96 St. Patrick St., Camrost-Felcorp, 18s, Atkins) COMPLETE

shouldn't we let the mods do the modding?
But who will do the modeling?

Anyway, back on topic, I am happy to see this building almost complete. It is a nice addition and a pretty good example of success at this scale.

I nominate phlunky for moderator!
I sense you're being sarcastic...
shouldn't we let the mods do the modding?
Users are just as responsible for the 'upkeep' of a forum as mods are.
I'm only saying this because a mod seems to be participating in the activity itself.

From the Rules of Conduct:

Posting Guidelines
-Stay on topic. Read the thread subject and previous postings carefully before replying to a topic. There is some room to move around in a thread but keep it to a minimum. We want to have a forum that provides knowledge to its members rather than a soapbox for people who just want to add to their post counts. We will warn you if we think you’re posting too often about nothing. Don’t take it personally. We just want the content to stay strong.

Real Estate Thread
A designated place for discussion of real estate related issues, such as neighbourhood market discussions, questions about purchasing, questions about the general GTA real estate market, and the merits of certain developers, projects, or districts. It may also be a place for common purchasers to discuss their experiences.

This all falls in a gray area. It actually can be a bit of work to cut threads apart, trying to decide whether a particular post is 49% Real Estate, 51% Projects & Construction, whether the replies make more sense in one thread or another...

So sometimes the threads wander a bit, and can even cross some lines, but what might need excising is not enough for another thread.

In this particular thread we have some people who have already bought in the building discussing the end of construction, occupancy of units they have purchased, community improvements. I think it's all too much to lift and separate. If they were discussing purchasing, well, there'd be no question.

I think this thread can remain as is, with some slightly off-topic posts. I am sure that the more detailed matters regarding move-ins etc., will end up on the Facebook group.

Darkstar416 and I had our PDI the other day... everything is perfect except for a chip in the downstairs bathroom vanity, a scratch on the front of the dryer, and the frameless shower door in the master bath wasn't installed yet. Kitchen, flooring, stairs, wall finishes are all excellent. We don't like the cheap doors and trim and will most likely end up replacing them in the future, but are overall very pleased with the unit! We get our keys next Wed.

Darkstar416 and I had our PDI the other day... everything is perfect except for a chip in the downstairs bathroom vanity, a scratch on the front of the dryer, and the frameless shower door in the master bath wasn't installed yet. Kitchen, flooring, stairs, wall finishes are all excellent. We don't like the cheap doors and trim and will most likely end up replacing them in the future, but are overall very pleased with the unit! We get our keys next Wed.

Thanks for posting.

Glad to hear your PDI went very well and you're happy.

We're doing our PDI in 2 weeks and looking forward to meet the neighbours soon.

The condo turn over is set for the end of August.

Any thoughts about running for Board Directors? It would be a great plus to have someone like you and Darkstar416 on the Board, especially with your wealth of condo knowledge.

I sure would appreciate pictures of the views from your penthouse suite.

Cheers

We will definitely be involved with the condo board in some capacity... and will post pics as soon as we take possession next week!

any idea from the builder on how long the 'occupancy fee' period will be?

The building registered in June - no "phantom mortgage" on this one - title and deed are transferred to us on the closing date.

wow thats amazing ... certainly you don't hear very often that you get occupany and closing together with new condos very often ... I am sure owners are happy they don't have to pay 'rent'

We had our PDI today and it was not as successful as Dan's. Number of issues that have to be resolved. Does anyone on this list live in 1510 or 1610? If not, does anyone know who is living there? I would like to talk to them.
Thanks

Some recent pics from 9T6...

A 12th floor unit we managed to get into...
DSCN5260.jpg

DSCN5261.jpg

DSCN5262.jpg

Views from the same unit's east-facing balcony...
DSCN5263.jpg

DSCN5264.jpg

DSCN5266.jpg

DSCN5267.jpg

DSCN5268.jpg

Various views from the 2nd floor tiered terrace (common area)...
DSCN5271.jpg

DSCN5272.jpg

DSCN5273.jpg

DSCN5274.jpg

DSCN5275.jpg

DSCN5276.jpg

DSCN5277.jpg

DSCN5278.jpg

The lobby still under construction...
DSCN5279.jpg

DSCN5280.jpg

An all marble elevator bay...
DSCN5281.jpg

We'll try to get some more pictures this week!

I love this project! When I see buildings like this it temps me to jump back into the market.
I've never heard of title and deed being turned over to owners at move-in.

Back