Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

July 23
Lots of wire strung at the end of the bridge now. Looks like they will be doing the final bolting this week if the bridge is to pe place as schedule. A lot of timber support around the rails has been install to support the cranes. Support brackets are now on top of the centre pier.
5970914238_3428bae57d_b.jpg

5970917704_8d8c91bd11_b.jpg

5970921412_3d8c8b0021_b.jpg

5970369455_f265b3e636_b.jpg

5970926748_9bba24369a_b.jpg

5970382733_463a758ce1_b.jpg

5970385333_4934c93523_b.jpg

5970937266_975cdeb9cc_b.jpg

5970936538_6e97b6d948_b.jpg

5970379515_0fa20003c9_b.jpg

5970378645_4d3fa07a5a_b.jpg

Still really excited abou tthis bridge. But pictures like these make me think it's becoming an overly complicated design.

5970936538_6e97b6d948_b.jpg

All those wires look decorative which is really strange.

The wires, which will run the length of the bridge, provide a barrier which was a requirement set in place by either CN or GO.

Why dont we just get the gravy from the big developers that are building all around there...we sure are quick to give them more density with a snap of a finger, why not trade-off for cash to build the linear park, new northside rail breakwall, sidewalks, or for goodness sake an iron fence that wouldnt break their bank account...Dont get it:confused:

That is exactly what actually happens with the city collecting development charges, public art dedication, cash-in-lieu of parkand fees, planning/permit fees, section 37 density bonusing agreements, plan of condominium fees, conservation authority fees, land transfer taxes (both municipal and provincial) and the province collecting GO Transit development charges, HST, WSIB premiums and the feds collecting GST etc etc... all levels of government receive significant taxation revenues from development, not to mention the ongoing growth in the municipal property tax assessment base and significant job creation with associated tax revenues during construction. There are good financial and taxation revenue generation reasons why governments are generally supportive of development activity.

I'm pretty sure Automation Gallery's comment was tongue-in-cheek though I could see how some people might take it literally. At least I believe it was. LOL

From a source.

Just to let you know I spoke to a worker on site and he said the southern portion of the bridge (which is now fully assembled) will be lifted into place Friday August 5th, the process starting about 8pm, but the bridge lift probably closer to midnight, in case any UT members are available to see it/record it. The northern portion of the bridge will be assembled over the next month on the north side of the railway tracks, with the lift scheduled to occur on September 10 (that’s a Saturday so maybe he meant the 9th).

Just to let you know I spoke to a worker on site and he said the southern portion of the bridge (which is now fully assembled) will be lifted into place Friday August 5th, the process starting about 8pm, but the bridge lift probably closer to midnight, in case any UT members are available to see it/record it. The northern portion of the bridge will be assembled over the next month on the north side of the railway tracks, with the lift scheduled to occur on September 10 (that’s a Saturday so maybe he meant the 9th).

I'm going to record it. Thanks for the tip.

From a source.

The lift cannot take place until all trains that are going to the yards or the west have departed from Union Station. The last westbound GO train departs at 12:43 unless buses are used.

It will be about 2-3 am when the bridge will be move into position and take about an hour to do it.

Chance of a Thunderstorm on Friday.

Back