News   Mar 28, 2024
 428     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 378     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 730     0 

Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower (Brookfield, 50s, WZMH)

Yes, the core work seems to have stopped for the time being. I don't think the forms will rise anytime soon, or at least until more of the steelframe is assembled.

Geekaroo props for the updated pictures!!!

They were putting steel on the Bay side tonight, just wished I had my camera, those trucks hauling the steel are fricking huge.

Paul

Little update:

400 ton crane, wow!!
DSC_2158.jpg

And some more steel.....
DSC_2161.jpg

DSC_2163.jpg

Paul

After having the site sit idle for so many years, to have construction move along so quickly seems out of whack. Sort of like having a dollar worth more than a US dollar. It's a world gone mad.

They've resumed progress on the core it seems, as concrete is being poured right now. The forms should be raised another floor on Monday.

The crane has been swingin' (no not in the wind) all day.

But shouldn't the steel be a bit chubbier? This worries me... so fragile.

Don't recall seeing a building with such a massive, monolithic core, surrounded by pick up stix before.

The steel is huge just go down there and get up close to the site.

Took these today and yes they were busy working like every other construction site I saw in the city.

2041984464_d4008d2c5b_o.jpg

2041984400_8d267f97fd_o.jpg

2041984280_efdaba2d8d_o.jpg

^^ Nice pics, so they were pouring the core today, s possibly on Monday we will see it go up? I wonder how long concrete takes to set well enough before a structure such as the forms can be moved up.

Paul

Back