Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

April 24: Northwest side

6965388328_2b2b14133b_o.jpg

There was a photo of the public art for this project in yesterday's metro newspaper. It's all metal and looks like a giant twisted root being engulfed by a flock of birds.

Last edited:
The many eyes of UT are monitoring the situation - see posts 3751, 3766, 3767 and 3803 on this thread.

Last edited:
The pool isn't actually on the top floor of that glass box (the "ice cube") like was shown in the model. There will be a large skylight that runs the length of the pool though.

The pool isn't actually on the top floor of that glass box (the "ice cube") like was shown in the model. There will be a large skylight that runs the length of the pool though.

Spire you are correct. I actually said it houses the pool on the top level (I believe level 5.) I did not mean on the top glass roof but on the top floor level. The glass roof top is above the pool as you have pointed out.. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Spire you are correct. I actually said it houses the pool on the top level (I believe level 5.) I did not mean on the top glass roof but on the top floor level. The glass roof top is above the pool as you have pointed out.. I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Haha, I didn't mean that the pool wasn't on the top of the glass roof (which would be impossible of course!), but rather that the pool is not on the top floor in that glass box section. I was on the UT tour through the construction site and the pool was in that section of the podium but was not on the top floor. I don't quite understand where it was located, because it was tucked behind the restaurant which will be inside the glass box facing University Avenue, but then I'm confused even further because the pool had a skylight that ran its length on the ceiling above it. I think perhaps the pool is actually tucked behind the restaurant, on the second-highest level of the "ice cube". Interchange42 or someone else from the UT construction site tour might remember where the pool fits into the picture, but as far as I know, it's the restaurant that will be on the top level of the "ice cube"/ glass box.

Last edited:
My understanding is the restaurant (Chang's Momofuko equivalents) will be on 2 floors and the kitchen possibly on a 3rd.
I understand that the pool is at the top floor (which would make sense) since it is to have views upwards at the opening but I could be wrong. Not sure what else is going in there.

Back