Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Also remember..
This building was designed with ZERO parking.
I suspect the real problem lies with the project across the street (5/7 Esplanade) starting up. That is where the parking is planned for the L Tower.
What are they planning to do? Sublet several hundred parking spots from Green P? Hardly likely.
No parking..No condo.
I certainly hope they have something figured out, but I'll be damned if I can even make a probable guess.

because L Tower has an extremely limited footprint to work with on the ground level ... think of it as a condo on stilts, majority of the new floor area to be constructed happens ABOVE the existing theatre ... on the ground there is basically a lobby entrace, the rec centre, a tiny plaza (according to L Tower's new plans), and new loading space to be shared by the condo and theatre

there is very little room to construct above grade parking and associated ramps on the first couple floors without affecting the existing structure, the only solution may be a parking elevator to raise ~4s above the theatre, otherwise its hard/cost prohibitive for a ramp to rise that high on a limited footprint

I'm probably confusing this with one of the hundred other tower developments however, I thought the redesign has 5 levels of on site parking

I'm probably confusing this with one of the hundred other tower developments however, I thought the redesign has 5 levels of on site parking

the proposal with the 5 levels of above parking is across the street on the south side of The Esplanade, which serves as parking for the L Tower as well ~

5-7 Esplanade (Castlepoint, 31s, Page+Steele)

5-7espy.jpg

In related news

Toronto Police Investigating After Foot Found In GTA Garbage
Tuesday August 4, 2009
CityNews.ca Staff
A foot has been found in a load of garbage from the Toronto area.

Workers in Seneca, New York discovered the appendage while sorting through the trash looking for recyclables. It was seized and is now being protected for evidence at the medical examiner's office in Buffalo, New York.

Toronto police are now trying to determine where the foot originated.

The load containing the foot was apparently from a specific transfer station in the GTA but police so far aren't revealing which one.

See, that redesign pisses me off a bit...instead of a cool overhang, we get a ROM-like bunker? The fountains look nice though...

Reading adma's post has made me hopping mad........

Back