News   Mar 28, 2024
 181     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 198     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 255     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

Kitchen utensil organizer

I also can't remember where I bought mine, but a lot of trays will fit with the kitchen drawer. You just have to put it OVER (rather than IN) the drawer, so the edges hang on to the sides of the drawer (and you can put other stuff you don't need so often underneath).

Peter, you've got 14" drawers? Yah it's very frustrating, my drawers measure exactly 8.5" x 17".

Radiodave, I'll try your method and see if I can find anything that fits.

Regarding the speeding in the garage, I wish that driver would have hit the wall, at least it may have taught him a lesson!

How is everyone's parking spot? I'm in M3 but spot is in front of M2. Anyone willing to trade, pls IM me!

Can someone clarify if all amenities are common? Meaning if someone from M3 wanted to book the movie room in M1/M2 , or wanted to even go workout at the M1 gym, could they?

knowing that liberty is a value to medium builder, i doubt they chose expensive anything. Because they have to also pay to cover expenses in the beginning.

I will attend the meeting, but in the end of it, i'm sure we will have one too many people with broken english yelling to fire them all.

Like everyone else i don't want fees to jump or want inefficient use of our money. But also we shouldn't be too stingy.

Some suggestions though i have to cut costs are.

1. Once all buildings are filled, have only 2 security guards for all 4 buildings during Monday to Thur. Does anyone ever even see their guards? The more i think about it, the more dumb the main entrance design is. Traffic to enter is on Sheppard and Allen. Unless you get dropped off, or do PDI nobody enters from the inside circle. Its like no security at all. Still at least 2 guards required on premise to issue V parking, take care of noise complaints and walk around to make sure no bums are around. But again how many V parking, noise complaints will there b during a weekday?

2. Is there a super for each building? Again not necessary.

3. Anyone even use the golf simulation room? i've used it once and nobody i talked to ever uses it. Some don't even know it exists. Maybe get rid of it and make it into a ping pong room or better yet , take down the inside wall and make the gym bigger. We don't have to buy more machines to increase costs, but maybe another multi cable gym, half/full rack, another weight set and actually room to work out. Also increase space for people who want to do yoga, or lie on the mat to stretch.

I use the golf room at least once a week, and lately it's been harder to book when I want it. It's plenty popular, trust me.

Has anybody spoken with management about being able to use the stairs in the buildings? They've put a door in the stairwell in M1 so that guests or other uninvited visitors can't just walk up the stairs from the parking garage. However, I would actually like to use the stairs and I can't! According to the concierge, they're not going to be giving out keys for these doors so that residents can legitimately use the stairs. Wouldn't it have made more sense for them to put a pad like they did at the front doors so we can use our FOB? I hate that I can't walk up the stairs or take the stairs down to the parking garage - I'm on the 3rd floor and always have to rely on the elevators.

I just don't like not having the option. It seems ridiculous to go to the gym and then have to take the elevator up two floors. Also, sometimes when people are moving or an elevator is out of service, I end up waiting a long time when it would have just been easier to go up or down the stairs.

If you're coming down the stairs, you can open the door but then the door to the first floor is locked so you're forced to go outside. Also, the door to go down to the parking garage is locked. Try it and you'll see how ridiculous it is!

So if the elevator isn't working it won't be possible to use the stairs to get up to one's unit ? Management is always coming up with new things around here aren't they ?

So even from the inside it isn't possible to open the door ? What happens in a fire then , it won't be possible to get out of the building ???

Calm down Peter... Since the building has been open, if you go into the parking garage, you could get anywhere in the building just by using the stairs. Basically, you could follow another car, go right to the stairs, go up, cause problems, etc. etc. Security can't stop you, and there may not even be video of you. A locked door from the garage to the building makes perfect sense. It makes our building more secure. The only complaint is that legitimate people (residents) can't use the stairs. So I can understand why we'd want a sensor for our keyfobs. Other issue is it's pointless if someone props open the door for someone else to enter. In the event of a fire, the door opens the other way so you can go down from 2 to G. However, you can not enter the lobby, you have to go outside the building.

I've never understood why we can't go down to the garage from the stairs. I knew someone who lived on 2 that was frustrated with that. The only thing I can think of is that if there's a fire, we won't all be running to the garage to get our cars and cause a traffic jam/pileup in the garage.

Can someone clarify if all amenities are common? Meaning if someone from M3 wanted to book the movie room in M1/M2 , or wanted to even go workout at the M1 gym, could they?

Hey Yaz,

The only amenities that all four building share are: the GYM, POOL, GOLF SIMULATOR located in between M2 & M3.

the movie room belongs to M1 & M2 so they are the only ones allowed to use it, same goes for the GYM in M1. I understand M1 is the only building that has its only GYM, All other buildings share the GYM between M2 & M3. Hope this explains everything.

Hey Yaz,

The only amenities that all four building share are: the GYM, POOL, GOLF SIMULATOR located in pbetween M2 & M3.

the movie room belongs to M1 & M2 so they are the only ones allowed to use it, same goes for the GYM in M1. I understand M1 is the only building that has its only GYM, All other buildings share the GYM between M2 & M3. Hope this explains everything.

That is a raw deal for m1 residents. gym is so small. but also isnt it unfair that m2 residents get access to all kinds amenities? Do the pay a higher maintenance fee? Most unfair now that i think about is, m4 res, as they have no amenities in their building but have to pay the higher maintenance fees vs other buildings

Last edited:
May 9th meeting

May 9th? Meeting?
what building is this and where is it held? I am just moving into M3 and haven't seen anything about this meeting - are we invited?

Does M1 pay the highest maintenance since they have access to all amenities? I'm confused as to why the movie room can't be shared amongst the buildings or why each building doesn't have their own?!

Does M1 pay the highest maintenance since they have access to all amenities? I'm confused as to why the movie room can't be shared amongst the buildings or why each building doesn't have their own?!

That's something Liberty decided on doing for whatever reason. I think that they would allow M3/4 residents to use the theatre but the fobs don't work. Your fobs only work on the P1 Level amenities. We all pay about the same in maintenance fees at 46cents /sq ft and M1/2 is a different condo corporation than M3/4.

new to M1...

Anyone install an OTA indoor antenna in their unit? i'm using TVFool's tool and it indicates that M1 should be able to pick up 10-15 HD channels this way

Has anyone found any alternatives to Teksavvy as they are currently not available in the area.

new to M1...

Anyone install an OTA indoor antenna in their unit? i'm using TVFool's tool and it indicates that M1 should be able to pick up 10-15 HD channels this way

Has anyone found any alternatives to Teksavvy as they are currently not available in the area.

Hi confused
If you have line of sight with cn tower you should have no problems getting a lot of the ota channels, gets a bit more hit/miss if you dont have line of sight
can't say for sure cause by the rules you can't have outside antennas, and the inside ones kinda suck
I think ur stuck with Rogers, i called bell and was told nope not available in your building (I'm in M4) and tek is on stop order for at least 4 months now they

Good luck

J

Back