Toronto Centro Condos | ?m | 31s | Henderson | IBI Group

jausa, thanks for the pics. But good god is are these things ugly! The only comparison I can think of is that condo (battery park?) down in Liberty Village, only these are worse.

Hi Cassius

Ugly are the 2 concrete blocks called EQ1+2 close by. They would fit in a suburb of Moskau/Russia.
Hard to believe that somebody put such a colloss into this area.
In this case i rather like to see a "Lego rock" design as Centro.
Fresh, crazy, but not boring.

Best
jausa

I quite like the pinkish-mauve on Centro ... what I don't understand is "why the black railing?", it doesn't seem to fit at all ~

from today...
20101016157.jpg

These towers are awful and will only get worse as the spandrel panels weather and stain. It won't take long either.

Proposed name change: The Spandrel at Scarborough City Centre.

Maybe in 30-40 years time when these buildings need to be refurbished, they could punch out those terrible panels quite easily and replace them with something cool like zinc cladding. Or perhaps in 30-40 years buildings like these will be covered up with patchwork aluminum cladding to hide the weathering, much like the buildings from 30-40 years ago nowadays. The future holds excitement!

How long are you going to keep the Batman shtick up? Just curious, because between you and that Iddybiddykitty (or whoever) alias, things are starting to get a little weird 'round here.

I am surprised the thread for the Centro building has turned into one line postings of "ewwww, so ugly" and nothing of any substance or interest to the development itself, such as connecting those interested in how the process has been or any updates they have received from the builder.

For instance, I have an 8th floor unit in the South tower and my new move in date is for Jan 31 - as per the update letter we received a few months back.

I spoke to rep at the showing room and she mentioned the offer letters for the parking garage storage lockers will be going out in the next few weeks (didn't want to risk missing out on it as we were told its a first come first serve basis) - I am very interested in getting one for all the hockey gear, bikes, etc.

Has anyone else received an updated move in date and what floor/tower are you on?

It was great to see that the cranes are gone and the buildings outside paneling and windows are up - it's really starting to come together and looks great to me.

Your interests are better suited for the real estate section. I hope the interiors are the bizzarro version of the exteriors.

Back