Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

I think the podium is great, it doesn't give off a condo tower vibe to it, which is what it should do considering the bottom portion is retail and for the public. the podium looks beast now, but wait till we see the entire tower portion complete!!! gonna be overpowered by 78 stories of madness!

as for the tower cladding, it was pretty much what i was expecting... but the podium was mind-blowing.

Once the podium is complete and retail has moved in it will be all lit up, signs erected, have window displays... I think it'll look just fine. It all appears to be overwhelming right now because it is a large complex (I recall similar comments when that tin can 10 Dundas E. was being constructed) and because there's been nothing there for so long and never anything of this size. I don't doubt that people had similar thoughts when the Eaton Centre & the One Dundas W. tower were being constructed in the 1970's, though they were replacing several much larger buildings than ever stood where Aura is being built, or 10 Dundas E. but the EC was still a massive complex. At least with Aura we're getting a much more pedestrian friendly building than the Eaton Centre too.

March 20, 2012

Deep sunset into nighttime.

I thought it would be interesting to see how the building is looking at night, since we usually see day shots.

March202012748.jpg

March202012751.jpg

March202012752.jpg

March202012761.jpg

March202012771.jpg

March202012768.jpg

Thanks for the nice pictures, CanadianNational.

Sometime ago,I saw a picture or two where lights were inside the podium. It will be nice to see as to how various levels look now when lights inside are lit.

Back