Upside Down + Fuse Condos (Channington/Brownstone, 14s x2, 26s x2, Burka)

Hey folks -- unfortunately with the bit of digging I've done, I think it's looking like an early 2013 move-in date. Still targeting December, but that would be the earliest any of the first floors will get in.

Hey folks -- unfortunately with the bit of digging I've done, I think it's looking like an early 2013 move-in date. Still targeting December, but that would be the earliest any of the first floors will get in.

That's what I heard too... But they should target September not December since the letter they sent said September 2012 as the new date.

So rather upsetting, for me. I've been waiting so long and anticipating like crazy to actually have my own place :(

Last edited:
Just was one of the last people to buy, and asked whether it would realistically be early 2013 and I was told yes.

If phase 1 is not going to be ready until early 2013. I guess I will be waiting until late 2014 or 2015 for phase 2 to be finished.

Has the foundation for P2 been poured or will that come later? I do think the entire parking lot is done though so that will save time.
When I bought P2 they told me the buildings would be built in tandem (haha, yeah right) so maybe once all the skeletal work is done on P1 they will immediately start on building P2 while they finish off the suites in P1. The two buildings are the same materials and part of the same complex so it would be odd for them to completely finish P1 before doing P2. It's cheaper for them to do it that way. I'm guessing maybe by the end of next summer we'll see people moving in to the bottom floors of P2...but like I said that's just a guess...maybe december 2013?

I'm still optimistic for the fall. The progress they're making is great, and I do think its feasible for at least the lower floors to be in within then next 7 months. If they're on the 4th floor now, and working at about a floor every 1.5-2 weeks, I think a late fall move in is possible.... We'll just have to wait and see. And To be honest, we bought 3 years ago, so whats a few more months at this point....

Later move in date?

If we don't end up moving in during the proposed Sept 2012 date, doesn't the builder have to offer all of the buyers a buy out option since this is the 4th time they'll have to extend the date? Like others had stated, what difference does a few months make, but offering a buy out adds a lot of pressure on the developer in the case that there are people who would take the buy out option.

Thanks to all of the contributors that have been keeping everyone in the loop with construction progress. It is nice to see the building growing and I am looking forward to a near future move in.

here's a pic from today, april 14th

Attachments

• Copy of 2012-04-14 15-06-37.jpg
    Copy of 2012-04-14 15-06-37.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 275
Good news for P2 purchasers...they are digging and preparing the pad for the tower craine, meaning that I can see them starting the foundations soon.

I hope it's a september move in date but I think it's very unlikely. It takes about a week or so to do each floor of the concrete structure. Once they've completed that it take another week or so to finish each floor on the inside. The elevators take an additional few weeks. They have most of their approvals in place, so it's just a matter of working away.

Back