News   Apr 24, 2024
 961     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

Hyatt Regency Toronto Airport (Regal Constellation site)

The only times I've ever set foot in the Regal Constellation was to have lunch. Though, I have driven by it many times.

Hiho,

Back when I had my website up about the hotel, one comment I got from somebody was that the hotel "used to be well known for being the only place to eat between Toronto and Brampton. Of course that was back when the trip from Toronto to Brampton was considered to be a long drive." :)

CU,
Andrew

Hiho,

preliminary rendering found by metroboi nay over at SSC....not bad, looks kind of euro....

hyatttorontoairport.jpg

Sorry, newbie question: What is "SSC"?

Thanks,
Andrew:confused:

The "Moorish Bordello" lounge, as Urban Shocker so aptly described it, has bad hang-over written all over it.

preliminary rendering found by metroboi nay over at SSC....not bad, looks kind of euro....

hyatttorontoairport.jpg

^ looking at this , I'm assuming they are gonna demolish the entire property and have a fresh start ??? 100% all new contruction ??

what do you guys think ?

I can tell you right now that these pre-fab parks which developers erect to try an attain new heights for their buildings seldom have very many people in them. Now take just such a park and remove it from its urban context (within which it struggles enough) and put it near the airport!

Bottom line, there will never be that many people frolicking around a parking lot.

ProjectEnd: assume they're arriving for a trade show or something. Big whoop if there's one more renderperson in the pic than you believe there normally would be.

Anyway, look farther to the tower area of the render and you'll see a few human shadows on the second floor. Then compare their size to the height of the suites floors above them, and it soon looks like the top floors have been rendered with too little height per floor. Either that or the renderfolk on the second floor are Raptors.

Well, if we're going to read into that rendering, the reflection on the windows suggests that this hotel faces Toronto's skyline, circa 1967 with TD Centre on the right (that is, the left) and Commerce Court and the old Bank of Nova Scotia beside it. Judging by the position of these buildings, and taking the mirror image into account, I would surmise that the Toronto Airport Hyatt is actually a lost design for the Toronto Island Airport from 40 years ago, and that this hotel was built on land appropriate from demolished island cottages.

Back