News   Mar 28, 2024
 383     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 733     0 

Thoughts on this condo layout

extreme_snoopy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey guys... I was wondering if i could get your thoughts on this condo layout...

what do you think of the space???
what would you think about furniture layout??

myCondo.jpg

I think it's a great use of space. I'm a big fan of kitchens flat against the wall. If you had a galley that you'd walk left into from the foyer it would really break up the space. This plan gives you 23'6" of length to work with.

You could perhaps put a round table in that corner next to the bathroom to keep things wide open.

You have different options with the living room. I'd probably put a couch against the long wall. But if you preferred to have a small rectangular dining table closer to the living area then you could put that to the side across from the sink in which case I'd suggest placing the couch against the short wall.

Another idea is to put your TV in front of the window... most people don't consider this, but I've seen it work very well and you'll never have to worry about glare. Then your couch could have it's back towards the kitchen. Behind the couch you could have a long narrow table (forget what these are called) or a narrow chest of some sort behind the couch and aligned with the structural wall jetting out next to the counter.

The bedroom is fairly long. I'd place the head of the bed against the window so that there is lots of room when you walk in.

I'd say there's a lot you can do with this floor plan.

Last edited:
what kind of furniture do you have / plan to get for the space?

i'm not a fan of linear kitchens, but considering the floorplate, there isn't much of an option.

I think it's a great layout. You have the big walls for couches and (massive TV if you want). The space is smart and useable. I hate layouts with small tiny walls.

i was thinking of putting the tv and entertainment system on the same wall the kitchen is on.... that way you don't see the wires and stuff when you walk in

Back