Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Even if they raise spire from below or above by crane, the platform is for workers to get up there and secure it to the dome. They cant just raise it and let it sit.

Wow.... Even a thank you would have been nice.... that comment was so ungrateful......
Thanks steveve for finding this video.... I have been craving some really good views from up there...
Agreed. We have seen hundreds of stills from similar angles. This video gives a much better idea of the scale of this spire. The video quality comment was not needed. i would rather see several thousands fuzzy images than 2 or 3 crisp ones.

^^ Yeah, Epically poor quality video. He should've just taken some stills....a real wasted opportunity.

way better than nothing at all... the video is WIN for a 1000 reasons... some of them being: you can take in the AMAZING views, you can hear the wind up at those levels, you get an up close and personal look at the onion dome, you get an insiders narrative that explains what you're looking at, and you can see Shangri-la :D!

couldnt agree more steveve. you get a much better sense of "being there" with a video. No photo can achieve that IMO.

The permanent base of the spire is on top of the northwest corner.

And yes, the platform is a work-platform that will be used to work on the jacking. Remember, the spire not only needs to be jacked "upwards", but "outwards" to sit on the northwest corner.

Let us know when this jacking is to take place, as I will bring my long range camcorder to take a video of it. Thanks.

Any video from the top is better than nothing at all, even if is distorted. I have shot a few of these distorted videos, but it part of a history collection now.

I would have a field day up there shooting photos and videos. To look at those photos and videos 40-100 years from now will show how tall Toronto has gone up from what there today.

^ Thanks, Wopchop! If I've learned anything from this project, it's that timelines are very rough estimates. But that's ok cuz then we get pleasant surprises (ie: an early onion dome).

Wow.... Even a thank you would have been nice.... that comment was so ungrateful......
Thanks steveve for finding this video.... I have been craving some really good views from up there...

Well, on second thought, and after all the comments, after watching it again I have to say, it's still a POOR video and a real wasted opportunity.

It's really not that hard to make a simple 2 minute video without all the jumping around and fuzziness.

Last edited:
Well, on second thought, and after all the comments, after watching it again I have to say, it's still a POOR video and a real wasted opportunity.

It's really not that hard to take a simple 2 minute video with all the jumping around and fuzziness.

... on a scary, support-less open deck 50+ stories above street-level on a clearly windy day.
I'd like to see YOU try and make a better Cell Phone vid.
(sorry, I bit :s)

Great video.

Trump today

`
trumps5.jpg

I will be up close and personal on Monday the 12th. Going to do my PDI on my unit. If I am able to take some pics inside I will post them. Not sure what they allow.

Back