Toronto L-Tower | 204.82m | 58s | Cityzen | Daniel Libeskind

Fyi...what you identify as "window-wall" on the west facade at L-Tower is actually being installed using a curtain-wall type installation method. This looks to be a sort of hybrid system. Cool stuff.

Uh, no, it isn't. You can clearly see that they've blueskinned the edge of slab, and that the frames are sitting on top of the slab, with the top of the frame being anchored into that angle. It looks nothing like a curtainwall installation

Uh, no, it isn't. You can clearly see that they've blueskinned the edge of slab, and that the frames are sitting on top of the slab, with the top of the frame being anchored into that angle. It looks nothing like a curtainwall installation

I think they would blueskin the slab in either case, AVB is still necessary.

Go to the cityzen blog or cityzen facebook...windows are sitting in a track installed on slab edges. They have interior shots...it really looks something like a "hybrid installation/system".

Your tone isn't appreciated mr/ms know-it-all.

Go to the cityzen blog or cityzen facebook...windows are sitting in a track installed on slab edges. They have interior shots...it really looks something like a "hybrid installation/system".

Your tone isn't appreciated mr/ms know-it-all.

You'll have to forgive me. I guess it was presumptuous of me to think that my 15 years experience installing curtainwall might have given me some insight into the matter.

You'll have to forgive me. I guess it was presumptuous of me to think that my 15 years experience installing curtainwall might have given me some insight into the matter.

lol you're not the only one with construction experience around here........

Snowstorm

6856603811_d632b64530_b.jpg

thats awesome steveve! wonder what your model will look like with 88 scott and 70 temperance a few months down the road :D
keep up the good work

Back