Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

But there is no variation in its entire length to keep pedestrians' interest. I'm not saying lack of retail is the problem at all; rather the design makes the stretch appear desolate for pedestrians, and retail wouldn't change that. Again, just my opinion but I like varied facades along a street, not one long glass wall to walk beside.

I love aA's work, but I don't think pedestrians should have to change their requirements to fit aA's weaker podium designs; rather, aA needs to change their designs to fit what pedestrians require.

Last edited:
But there is no variation in its entire length to keep pedestrians' interest. I'm not saying lack of retail is the problem at all; rather the design makes the stretch appear desolate for pedestrians, and retail wouldn't change that. Again, just my opinion but I like varied facades along a street, not one long glass wall to walk beside.

I love aA's work, but I don't think pedestrians should have to change their requirements to fit aA's weaker podium designs; rather, aA needs to change their designs to fit what pedestrians require.

Good points. Maybe in a few years once the retail areas are split & leased, retail signs up and trees maturing it'll look a little warmer and less clinical than it does now.

Really is a blinding beacon late on a sunny afternoon.

7215227522_62f1c843cd_b.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! can't help but laugh at how these condos look so mass produced/identical in that pic ^ of course we know that's not entirely true, but for a random passerbyer it's the case.

these things dominate an entire stretch/block of the city. gonna become a landmark like our version of the Avenue of the America's buildings the way they just dominate and there are so many of them all almost identical.

These ones:

streetview

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=new+y...kAWztCmk5m-t8oyZs5U_g&cbp=12,268.74,,0,-47.15

245px-McGraw-Hill_Building_Rock_Center_by_David_Shankbone.jpg

Thanks! Ya, it's the rooftop track/garden at the Y. Pretty awesome up there, perfect place to catch a breeze and break a sweat.

Murano & Burano, sunrise this morning from my POV (facing west). Burano is turning out pretty good.

certainly awesome lighting/reflective qualities ^.
these towers are what make up the spine of Bay street north imo. (along with ROCP).

i wanna also see redevelopment on the north and south-west corners of Bay/College. those ugly low-rise bunkers... anyone know if there's any chance of them being redeveloped?... They're both really crucial locations and can boast insane locations for condo developers. Bay/College is a pretty amazing. doesn't get any more central than that. i'd live on Bay street rather than Yonge any day. [the only place i'd take on Yonge is in the financial district (aka 1 King) lol]

Bay Street can be noisy if your facing it, and if there's a building across from your windows. Trucks, buses and cars echo up the buildings - trucks and buses being the absolute worst noise offenders of course. On lower floors, forget about enjoying any quiet relaxing time on your balcony.

What the heck are they doing on the north part of Bay???

All the sidewalks are ripped apart, it looks like trees are coming ?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I also noticed how busy with pedestrians Bay Street is getting now. I'm sure U and Burano will only add to the action.

Back