News   Apr 16, 2024
 208     2 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 346     1 
News   Apr 16, 2024
 707     0 

Head of Slips (Waterfront Toronto, West 8/DTAH)

That was cruel, and quite unnecessary.

It's a shame to see this still fenced-in on, unofficially, the last day of summer. In the few minutes I was here, I saw dozens of people curiously looking in. Presumably, wondering why the hell it's fenced off.
Hopefully the other slips will move along a little quicker

"Our vision for the Spadina wave deck was to have this aged mass of wood to sit there and age over time, to generate this sort of distressed character. How could we achieve this effect with people walking all over it? We need the wood to age naturally without any effects from people or animals."

I think I heard someone mumble that they were waiting for the feds to come on board for the grand opening before ther ribbon could be cut. But they were mumbling, and I might just have misheard the words "electrical problem."

Was out for a run last night around 10pm and they had some neat lighting effects along the sides of the slip. Nothing in the water, but just along the sides. What happened to the in-water lighting and the old log that was supposed to be incorporated into the plan?

The wood seems to have faded significantly. I noticed yesterday when I walked by that it looked a lot greyer than it used to.

Yeah, the photos show wood that looks like it's been there for a decade. Strange... did they distress it on purpose or is the photo deceptive?

As for the red light under the deck, I remember Adrian Geuze (the presenter/designer from West8) emphasize "the HELL... this HELL coming out from under the deck".... prompting the audience to laugh. He talked about that "HELL" all three times that I saw him present this proposal.

Where the HELL is the HELL?

Back