Toronto U Condominiums | 183.79m | 56s | Pemberton | a—A

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the Board! One question - Are they planning on building both towers at the same time? e.g., will both towers go on sale at the same time.

on the other hand, there's a new public park going on bay/st joseph where a large section of the park is replacing existing surface parking.

not that large of a section is replacing existing surface parking. It's not much in the grand scheme of things, imo.
If you ask me, that section already practically is a park.

It's not 100% ideal, but 30% of the site will be parkland, and the part of the western field that isn't on the site will be preserved. I used live maps to try to estimate the area lost/gained and I came up with a net loss of around 0.1 ha/.25 acre. Pretty good considering 45 and 55 storey towers are going there and also that the 0.28 ha 0.7 acre park goes into public hands and I guess st mike's debts are paid.

I'm pretty content with the amount of parkland we're getting on this one. It's more than most on new projects in the city. I'm glad that the initial plans to build 3 towers were condensed into 2 larger with more parkland.

Dude, they're building one of the towers on what was St. Mike's only open green space/field.

There is no other hand...the field that was sold was not a parkette full of shrubs and decorative paving.

St. Michael's actually has a very nice quad on the west side, south of Burwash hall (Victoria); while it's not huge, it's still big enough for outdoor games.

Any guesses on when the next round of renderings comes out depicting the loss of any unique design elements leaving us with another pair of boxes?

I give it a month. It's inevitable. Cancelled, downscaled or cheapened.

I doubt it. Proximity to Queen's Park... on Bay Street... close to Yorkville... last spot on Bay Street to put a condo... I'd be severly shocked if any of those things happened, even if the US and Canada were sent into full recession.

I wouldn't say the last spot on Bay, just one of the last remaining parking lots. There is always the possibility of redeveloping some smaller buildings and put in greater densities.

Back