Toronto Southcore Financial Centre & Delta Toronto | 159.71m | 45s | GWL | KPMB

I think it would still be very wasteful to tear down the Chelsea at this point in time. I am however quite excited to see the new Delta Toronto :D

The same can be said of the entire downtown core. I have no problem with this area simply being an extension of that. Though the area doesn't really feel like a part of the core right now, once everything is built out, including the Aquarium and the office tower at 16 York, we're going to have some nice little intersection here.

With all the business people and travellers moving into this neighbourhood, I expect to see the retail populating the ground floor of Infinity to start going higher end. I'm hoping that whatever might one day replace Hoops will take advantage of the outdoor patio, as it does bring some decent life to the street. I'm also eager to see how the patio at e11even will affect the area.

Toss in a couple of hotdog vendors and a dude playing guitar and this area will feel just as "vibrant" as anything other place in the core.

Building a boulevard of world-class dreams

On Bremner Boulevard, Toronto's hubris is infectious. Someday all this construction will end, but right now, Bremner is the eye of a hurricane of investment, where every pit in the shale is fertile ground for a new castle of glass.

More...http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion...ulevard+world+class+dreams/4388523/story.html

Building a boulevard of world-class dreams

On Bremner Boulevard, Toronto's hubris is infectious. Someday all this construction will end, but right now, Bremner is the eye of a hurricane of investment, where every pit in the shale is fertile ground for a new castle of glass.

More...http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion...ulevard+world+class+dreams/4388523/story.html

It's odd that the drawing only shows the office component of ÃCE. I also thought that the Bremner and Delta buildings were right next to each other, but that diagram shows another building in between. :confused:

Last edited:
March 12th
20110312107.jpg

This area isn't supposed to be charming. It is literally an extension of the financial core, and will be just as 'charming' or 'vibrant' as any other part of the financial core. What's the problem?

This area isn't supposed to be charming. It is literally an extension of the financial core, and will be just as 'charming' or 'vibrant' as any other part of the financial core. What's the problem?

That's a circular argument: it's crap because it's supposed to be crap. Such logic is defeatist and impedes any kind of progress or correction of previous mistakes

Additionally, your statement that it's solely an extension of the financial core is inaccurate. The area is also an entertainment and tourist centre with many attractions--both existing and planned. As such, it should attempt to be more that a 9 - 5 corporate business zone with hot dog carts providing the only relief from the bland monoculture.

Back