Toronto Residences at The Ritz-Carlton, Toronto | 207.86m | 53s | Graywood | Kohn Pedersen Fox

July 18

IMG_july-18-09-0060.jpg

IMG_july-18-09-0061.jpg

RBC looks huge in this angle, it will be nice when Ritz starts getting it's glass for the sides and give the two buildings a layering affect.

Besides the brand name "Ritz Carlton", what is "distinct" about this building architecture compared to the ones built or being built at Concord Cityplace ??

Besides the brand name "Ritz Carlton", what is "distinct" about this building architecture compared to the ones built or being built at Concord Cityplace ??

I seriously cannot believe you just said that! I think you need to do some reading before making random posts.

I have to agree with RezBoy. I am sure the interior and the finishing will be superior, but the exterior doesn't blow anyone away, at least not yet. From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?

I have to agree with RezBoy. I am sure the interior and the finishing will be superior, but the exterior doesn't blow anyone away, at least not yet. From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?

Except for one thing, the podium. It's much more interesting and unique than anything in Cityplace. The tower on top, so far, just a glass box.

we have RBC, Simcoe Place and Ritz all essentially dark glass boxes, all with horizontal accents.

I agree, so far it's just another glass box

From their rendering, it's an L-shaped glass box. What's so wow about that?

I keep reading posts in this thread claiming that so far this building is a huge disappointment because it's nothing but another glass box.

Are people here actually incapable of looking at a rendering and extrapolating how a building's construction will proceed? It's like saying that the Shangri-La is a huge disappointment because it's just a hole in the ground.

Last edited:
I keep reading posts in this thread claiming that so far this building is a huge disappointment because it's nothing but another glass box.

Are people here actually incapable of looking at a rendering and extrapolating how a building's construction will proceed? It's like saying that the Shangri-La is a huge disappointment because it's just a hole in the ground.

I don't get it either. We're lucky to be getting such a cool design! I urge people to go to Ritz-Carlton's website and look at the other buildings they have done, and then be thankful we didn't get those ones.

Just a reminder:

RitzTorontoRender.jpg

So where's this box that everyone keeps talking about? Next door with the RBC logo on top?

the curve on the south side is the most evident distinction ritz has to offer. the mountain peak-like roof is also unique. there is also variance in the shape of the tower.

it's not something libeskind would design but it is different, and more importantly, the building looks elegant.

Last edited:
I'm surprised anyone is upset with the shape of the building. I've loved it since I first saw the renders.
If people were debating the materials or colour of glass or whatever I could understand that but the shape is very interesting.

Back