Charlie Condos (Great Gulf Homes) - Real Estate -

T

tenyears

Does anyone know if prices for the remaining units have gone up? Are they still offering discounts?

Prices have actaully gone up quite a bit !!! I was their on the weekend and both Satin and Denim layouts (One bed + den ) have jumped in price ...

Satin - 21st fl $406,999 East w/o parking
Denim - 10th fl $410,999 East w/o parking

Just back in June , both these layouts were around $350,000...People who bought in back then have made some quick money !

I wonder if those prices will hold up over the next 2 years in terms of real market value and location

Any idea of what the 2 bedrooms are going for? I know that they had the 2 bedroom unit NW facing unit 'velvet ii - 839 sq ft' going for around $350K (without parking) during the promotion back in April.

I agree.... if you want a nw view, then you need to be higher than
24-25... otherwise a east view might just be the best in the building at any floor

Views to the north and west will be blocked for roughly 21 and 16 floors, respectively (these are the heights of the neighbouring Hudson and Glas condos).

And even then, you'd have to be pretty high (in the 30+ floors) to get much of a view that clears those condos. There aren't many buildings taller than Hudson and Glas in those directions, so I think the most you could hope for is some of Mississauga's skyline in the distance.

After checking out the sales center, there seems to be a ~$30,000 difference between a 15th floor unit and 30th floor unit facing west (same floorplan). I assume the premium is due to the Hudson blocking the view. Anyone have any input as to whether this price differential is worth it value wise for the view?

Makes sense... that's roughly where the Hudson's podium along King Street ends, but the Spadina side rises to 21 stories, and although it tapers toward the top, views from anything below around 21 stories from Charlie will be obstructed significantly.

The premium seems very high, especially for a west-facing view (even if it was unobstructed).

Makes sense... that's roughly where the Hudson's podium along King Street ends, but the Spadina side rises to 21 stories, and although it tapers toward the top, views from anything below around 21 stories from Charlie will be obstructed significantly.

The premium seems very high, especially for a west-facing view (even if it was unobstructed).

I thought ~$2000 per floor going up was the standard rate for condo's? Or maybe I mis-read something.

Paying an extra $2000 per floor is what seems to be the going rate !....
The East view seems to be the best at any height + you will get your money back when you go to resell it ! Paying an extra $10-20,0000 for a view? I really don't think you will get your money back in terms of resell!

Paying an extra $2000 per floor is what seems to be the going rate !....
The East view seems to be the best at any height + you will get your money back when you go to resell it ! Paying an extra $10-20,0000 for a view? I really don't think you will get your money back in terms of resell!

?? You just contradicted yourself from one sentence to next??

Also, I guess a little off-topic, but always been curious. Do you get money back for higher floors/views?? I can see the appeal in terms of 'wowing' someone on resale, but all things equal, would someone really pay a $2000/floor premium with everything else being equal.

No, I read it wrong. You're correct; it seems pretty standard, and 30th-storey views should be great.

Are you being sarcastic? I didn't mean anything antagonistic w/ my comment and was just wondering if I had been mis-informed in terms of $2000/floor premium.

well some people will walk away from a project if the seller won't reduce the price down by a 1000 dollars. I remember my cousin were selling there home for 380,000. The buyer wanted 370,000.

They went down to 371,500 and the buyer, walked away...

Others will go whats a thousands dollars or even five thousand dollars if your spending 200,000+ anyways?? That is me... :D

with condos, the price usually increments by $1000 per floor. However when you get to a certain floor/height it jumps in price like $5000-10,000. I've seen a few price lists and notice it on all of them I saw.

Are you being sarcastic? I didn't mean anything antagonistic w/ my comment and was just wondering if I had been mis-informed in terms of $2000/floor premium.

Haha, I'm not being sarcastic. I meant that I misinterpreted CG24's post, but my comments about views are accurate (30 should be great, 21 and below will be blocked by the Hudson). I have no interest in prices.

FYI, guys -- the Real Estate forum is probably more appropriate for buyers or potential buyers (discussions of prices, floorplans, finishes, sales/resales, etc). Threads in the Projects & Construction forum often attract inquisitive buyers because it's the first thing people see when they search for buildings on Google.

Back