Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

both east and west sides are very different looking,
from the west, it's more dense downtown core looking,
the east side like i said looks more unbalanced, however it DOES look classier and has a more unique identity, especially with the distillery district below and the more historical/older looking buildings like st james cathedral... something about it is sorta montrealish.

but ya, from a dense urban environment perspective, west side wins.

(though the east side looks AMAZING from the north-east new the dvp. just epic)

trump tower also looks best from the north-east and north-west.

Thanks for the responses and that is my condo view from the VU on a cold Sunday morning. I need some help reducing the jpeg file size so I can post a better quality picture.

the best solution is to host your image on another website and link to the larger size image here on UT rather than uploading as an attachment. I use flickr for hosting my images. If you need additional technical help on how to link to external images I or most anyone else here can also help you with that.

Even though I know that Adelaide St goes for a little zig here at Jarvis, it still seems like the image was taken from south of Adelaide. A trick of the perspective I guess...

and oh ya, East Side! not only does the whole downtown all the way to past Bloor look so much bigger but the east side has a much more cohesive built form ...

Last edited:
6746314749_1a109f3dab_b.jpg
[/url] IMG_4442 by tfilice, on Flickr[/IMG]

testing flickr

you're very welcome though I think something still isnt exactly right because the IMG tags are still appearing as part of the post. I think you must have used the share function on flickr which doesnt quite translate properly here, or you've pasted the share link inside the "insert image" box. Anyways, atleast we can see the photos in glorious large format now! I'll look forward to seeing more of your amazing views in the future. I think you should have a great angle on L Tower and 88 Scott once it starts to rise...

Last edited:
I just realized that this place will open in 5 days. Does it look ready for those who walk by it every day?

I just realized that this place will open in 5 days. Does it look ready for those who walk by it every day?

lol true!!! photos please!!!
of course the building doesn't look finished yet on the outside, and of course there are probably a few minor details that aren't finished on the inside, but at the end of the day, it at least looks close to completion.

I wonder if that window will ever be replaced, near the top of Scotia Plaza. Also, FCP looks really clean in that shot as the antennae at the top are hidden from view.

As we get close to the opening of Trump; a little "Remember When" photograph from May 2008

Too much black!!! The hotel units will have the sunlight blocked by neighboring towers, making for some dark gloomy rooms.

Too much black!!! The hotel units will have the sunlight blocked by neighboring towers, making for some dark gloomy rooms.

I agree with you, I thought it strange when she wrote about the hotel rooms "...wide windows flood the rooms with natural light, which is easier to come by when you are in the second-tallest building in Canada..."

The Globe often gets comments saying "how much did they pay you for the advertorial", in this case I agree.

Back