News   Mar 28, 2024
 442     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 382     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 731     0 

Downtown Yonge

I hate to sound so negative, but this is not nearly enough - I wouldn't even call this an effort. Plus, bike lock-ups are damaged (usually by vehicles hitting them) and then removed (as opposed to repaired) quicker than they are added. Until the city really gets serious about cycling & cyclists, I'm walking.
Edit: Btw khristopher, the bike lockups attached to the light poles around HMV/Chipotle are often available, I don't think a lot of people really notice them.

Last edited:
I hate to sound so negative, but this is not nearly enough - I wouldn't even call this an effort. Plus, bike lock-ups are damaged (usually by vehicles hitting them) and then removed (as opposed to repaired) quicker than they are added. Until the city really gets serious about cycling & cyclists, I'm walking.
Edit: Btw khristopher, the bike lockups attached to the light poles around HMV/Chipotle are often available, I don't think a lot of people really notice them.
They are always taken when I look.

I just had my wheels stolen off of my bike when I left it out last night on Church St. near Shuter. This is the second thing I've had stolen. My e-bike was stolen in the winter earlier this year as well.

My bike was hit by a car and completely ruined 3 years ago when I parked it on the sidewalk on a residential street near Jarvis and Wellesley. The driver just left.
I never bought another afterwards.

My bike was hit by a car and completely ruined 3 years ago when I parked it on the sidewalk on a residential street near Jarvis and Wellesley. The driver just left.
I never bought another afterwards.

Same thing happened to me...people don't care!

I found this to be an interesting image when I noticed the sign for the restaurant on the left: "Goldies Falafel Burger". The archives indicate only this was taken after 1977, but we know Sam took over that Thrifty's space in the mid 1980's, so it was before then. Was this the first of the many shwarma shops to settle in and around the area? When did we switch from "shawama" to "shawarma"?
2015_01_10_s1465_fl0020_id0023_640.jpg

Attachments

• 2015_01_10_s1465_fl0020_id0023_640.jpg
    2015_01_10_s1465_fl0020_id0023_640.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 901
Last edited:

Back