Toronto River City Condos Phases 1 & 2 | ?m | 16s | Urban Capital | ZAS Architects

The buildings on Finch or Alexander are still within the street grid. These blocks are on the edge of the valley/berm with Bayview and the Richmond Hill line below. (the greenspace on the east side is a big slope) There's very little setback on the one street, River, these buildings do face. Perhaps a raised access point could of been included from the the King/Queen bridge though.

Last edited:
Toronto Star: On your mark, get set for Pan Am Games

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/newsfeatures/article/771076--on-your-mark-get-set-for-pan-am-games

iggnqf.jpg

ARCHITECTS ALLIANCE
A $1-billion athletes' village with 2,100 residential units in a mix of
midrise buildings and townhomes will be built in the West Don Lands.

Last edited:
So excited for this entire project. I think even this forum might have a hard time keeping up with the Donlands once construction begins.

S+P FTW

Here is another, hope it shows up, first time attaching file....

Attachments

• rA-image-6_overhead-view-from-park.jpg
    rA-image-6_overhead-view-from-park.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 500
None of the buildings in the model has been vetted by the Design Review Panel - so no, I wouldn't consider any of them to be legit.

AoD

Sales Centre is open on Eastern -- 178?

Stuck up on the 2nd floor of one of the old brick factory/industrial buildings at the butt end of Eastern. Model looks good -- the tower is 16 stories on the King side, which seems to me a tad high, but not crazy. The long, medium rise building on River will face into the Dixon social housing townhouses and a couple of industrial converts. It'll really make that stretch of River much, much better. They've put up a HUGE poster on Eastern showing the plan for the 'underpass' park -- the plan is to green either side of the overpass, then put ball courts and bocce pits right under the Eastern flyover.

The last few apartments on the south end will be very close to the flyover. I'm sure, though, that it'll be quiet from 3-5am most Sundays...

Maybe they'll replace the 'floor' of the overpass with industrial-strength glass so all the bocce players who'll flock there will be able to see what they're doing.

I was finally able to find the River City presentation centre on my second attempt, I'm very suprised how hidden and lack of signage was out on site ~

for those interested, their office is located in the back of the second floor of a industrial loft building ... as indicated by the PINK star on below map:

Click to Enlarge

For clarifications, River City is simply one development project in West Don Lands and does not necessarily represent the entire extent of WDL phase 1 ~

the River City project itself by Urban Capital is broken up into 4 phases:
  • phase 1 includes 2 buildings fronting King Street & River Street (being 15 and 7 storeys respectively)
  • phase 2 will be the 'cube-ist' tower (12s?) parallel/facing Don River
  • phase 3 will be the (30s?) point tower next to the Central Park
  • phase 4 will be the (12s?) tower centred on River Square
Site Plan for River City
IMG_2126.jpg

Context to the Surrounding Area
IMG_2125-1.jpg

Community Overview
mays29re01_jpg_457285gm-a.jpg

Courtyard between Phases 1+2 looking south towards Phase 3
mays29re02_2__jp_457286artw.jpg

Scaled Model

While the renderings published were nice, one would appreciate the building design a whole lot more when you see the scaled model ... an impressive design indeed :)

360 degree view of River City Phase 1 - view from Southeast, going counter-clockwise
Click to Enlarge

^Ha. I couldn't find this site a few months ago so missed a job opportunity. The contractor was a real a-hole and didn't think I should get the job after walking an hour+ in the cold trying to find the site.

Building models look hot though--sort of sexier versions of condos in Coal Harbour. Gotta thank those French Canadians for injecting much needed style into Toronto's condo scene.

ps: I wanna buy the unit with the sloping balcony! Good sledding opportunity!

Last edited:
s: I wanna buy the unit with the sloping balcony! Good sledding opportunity!

You beat me to it!

Now featuring our 45 degree angle balconies. Barbeque to the extreme with our sloping balconies. If the beef doesn't kill you, we'll at least give it a try.

Back