News   Apr 19, 2024
 700     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 636     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Wilshire on the Green Condos (Norstar Group) - Real Estate -

Hey guys if your hoping to have or change your PDI to the weekend, sorry no chance,I wanted to change it to a Saturday but they don't do PDI on the weekend,only Monday - thursday 9pm -4pm,so we have to take a day off work to do the pdi,lol,anyone wanna ring in on this one?

Thanks for the info one eye...

why am I not surprised that they will not accomodate a weekend pdi? Karen and Wilshire have been extremely flexible and accommodating during this whole process.. :rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

I have the chance to ask Michael regarding the first move in date among all of us, Michael said it is mid Feb for the first move in, I guess it could give us an idea when is our final closing date.

I also talked about how Karen and Leslie handling things, and he suggested that if there's any issue, we should write to the president of Norstar to express our concern. Like the ceiling light upgrade, which we didn't get to choose "before" it is too late, and when they present the option, we can't do anything (funny thing they didn't even know that! and let you pick that upgrade)

I asked Karen regarding the dimension of area that we going to put fridge into almost 1 month ago and she didn't have answer for me yet, I guess I'll have to do that on my PDI date. I still haven't receive any mail regarding my PDI yet, anyone know who I should call to get that info?? Karen?? Michael told me that Jessica is away on christmas vacation already.

Anyways, that's some update of info I gathered :) wish you all have a great Christmas holiday!!

Hi Guys,

I have the chance to ask Michael regarding the first move in date among all of us, Michael said it is mid Feb for the first move in, I guess it could give us an idea when is our final closing date.

I also talked about how Karen and Leslie handling things, and he suggested that if there's any issue, we should write to the president of Norstar to express our concern. Like the ceiling light upgrade, which we didn't get to choose "before" it is too late, and when they present the option, we can't do anything (funny thing they didn't even know that! and let you pick that upgrade)

I asked Karen regarding the dimension of area that we going to put fridge into almost 1 month ago and she didn't have answer for me yet, I guess I'll have to do that on my PDI date. I still haven't receive any mail regarding my PDI yet, anyone know who I should call to get that info?? Karen?? Michael told me that Jessica is away on christmas vacation already.

Anyways, that's some update of info I gathered :) wish you all have a great Christmas holiday!!

Hi Marco,
Thanks for the update. I think we should consider writing the President with our concerns regarding customer service and other things.

The letter with the PDI appointment was signed by Karen. Also, last week I received my refund cheque for the 3 ceiling caps that cannot be installed - at least I received that before Christmas, because I was losing hope that it might not arrive this month.

That's good to know about the earliest move-in date being mid-February. At least we know that the main common areas such as the elevators, will be functional in a couple of months. Hopefully the building will be registered by the end of the year, at the very latest. I am not looking forward to paying the paying the monthly fees, but they're an unavoidable part of buying new.

Have a nice Christmas season too!
Cheers

Thanks Nels_TO,

I guess I'll have to give her a call to find out my PDI date. Good to hear you got your refund already, I thought they'll just deduct it from total price of the unit LOL. Also we really should all write to president of Norstar to express our issues. Looking forward to see your PDI result, hopefully all will go well.

Happy holidays :)

Let's face it guys the have our money and there not gonna change it,letter,media or even if we break the glass,if we really want to do something we will have to wait till we make our condo board and deiced then,let's hope the landscaping is not a flop,but on a positive note the balcony glass looks good

Merry Christmas guys and gals

Hi Guys,

one eye wonder is right, however I think we do have the right to express that we're not satisify with their "customer service". We're not spending our hard earned money to be treated like this. I'm not too picky about the look of the condo, I think the drawing does represent it enough, but their service is really bad. My friend recently purchased a condo, and she picked her upgrade/colour when they start digging the foundation. Who offer upgrade when it is not possible anymore? and they don't even realize that upgrade is not available anymore??? There is no excuse that they do their job so unprofessionally and I think the president deserve to know. For us, it might be too late, however it might help other people who purchase from them in the future.

Anyways, my PDI letter finally arrived today, it is at the end of Feb, so I guess the first one who suppose to move in is already there. They underline "only deficiencies that may lead to safety and health issue will be attended to immediately" so I guess all cosmetic like paint job, tile, laminate, and all tiny dent or dirty marks they will take their time to fix. Hopefully I do not have to take a day off to stay at home for them to come in and fix it, if anything.

I got no beef with the builder, otherwise I wouldn't purchase this unit AFTER I read the post regarding "STAR OF DOWNTOWN". I thought they would learn from their past, everyone deserve a second chance, but I guess I'm wrong. However if they piss off their purchaser enough, their previous project, and this one, would affect the sales of their next project, at least for those people who's doing their research and found this thread and "STAR OF DOWNTOWN" thread. Too bad there isn't much update after the completition of star of downtown, I really would like to know what is going on there now. I really hope that we won't have the registration delay issue like the one happened there.

Anyways, Happy Holidays everyone :) hopefully everything went smoothly from now on for all of us :)

After the Star of Downtown (SOD) was registered, I would search the MLS site to check if any of those units were being put on the market. Much to my surprise, the units that were listed looked ... decent, and the asking prices were on par with other condo units in the same area. I checked if there were any SOD units listed on the market today, but there weren't - I was curious to see how much a 2 bdrm unit would be listed for today. If anyone is curious, the address is 225 Wellesley St. E, postal code M4X 1G8, if you desire to browse the MLS from time to time.

Hi guys! Happy holidays. Thank you all for such helpful information. I agree, we should write to the president (among other things that hideous colour and somehow have him change it), if that doesn't work, maybe the media! It's not fair that we have to live in a place that looks worse than a prison from the outside..I realize catarequi is down the street but talk about hideous! Anyway good to know that the First occupancy is in february. I pray to god that everything else gets easier. I cry every day when I drive by. I really think that they messed up this colour so much that not even god can change it.

When I first saw the colour, I was outraged. However, since then, I have come to like it; after all, it's very unique. I think it's pointless to complain at this point in time since it would take a riot on the premises and they would charge the extra cost to our closing cost. It's just one of the risks that we take when we buy pre-construction. Regarding complaining to the prez, I support this strategy. However, I would caution everyone about getting the media involved. The last thing we need is to scare away potential buyers of the remaining units as well as the unit that we try to sell after the building is registered. If I'm not mistaken, the builder must sell a certain percentage before it gets registered. I believe that are 20 - 30 units that are still available and I am not sure how many of these would have to be sold before registration.

I think that the good folks at City Hall that we just re-elected deserve most of the blame for any misrepresentation. They have passed laws that allow developers to make material changes to building plans without the need to seek re-approval of their plans. It's a very shady industry that has the full backing of City Hall. If you think I am making this up, open up your purchase package and take a look at your unit layout. Have you wondered why there are no dimensions on the copy of the unit's layout? It was not to save on ink. During your PDI, please remember to take along your measuring tape.

Happy Holidays to all.

I agree with all of Koff's comments. I personally have no major complaints about the colour. It looks ok on sunny days, I think. Perhaps the focus should be more on how well the condo is built, the landscaping, and common areas as we move in next year. Bringing a measuring tape is great advice, Koff :) I've read in other legal web sites about the lack of dimensions on Purchase of Agreement and Sale documents - the builders have free reign to adjust as necessary, which makes us, the buyers, puppets for the system.

I think 10 - 15% of unsold units would not delay registration. What can delay it are issues the city requires prompt attention upon inspection. I wonder if as occupants we would be privy to know the results of the city inspection. I would certainly hope that when we're owners that this document would be available upon request.

My PDI is in 6 weeks time - time flies!! I haven't gone to Appliance Canada yet - does anyone know if there's an expiry date for the appliance certificates / coupons?

Have a wonderful weekend guys and gals!

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts and all the info you have been providing. I too have bought a unit here back in Aug 2008. Tentative closing date is April 2011. On the 1st floor. I also feel that Karen and Leslie have not been that customer service friendly, but I guess they really don't care.

I haven't received anything re" PDI yet. I think I will be hiring a building inspector to go along.

Looking forward to meeting all my new neighbours..at Timmys :).

Best wishes to all during the holiday season.

hey dd97 and everyone

first of all how can you move in date be in apr on the first floor,when im april and im on 5th floor? i went by the condo and as i have said the glass looks good and takes the sting away from the harsher green,also i was going to go and see michael and he is not there at his normal time,he has a paper posted on the door saying that they are doing presentation on saturdays on 12 noon and i believe he is doing it and he is also doing them if your call for a appointment,also in early january his office will move into one of the units and from what i have heard you will be able to view the units,and also a few days ago i got a letter from bell saying that i got a new condo and all and offering me a new home deal,but like typical bell there was no deals,has anyone got a letter from bell? or any other letters from companys? i will be having a home inspector and he will have his curcit tester and tape mesure and also will inspect the rough ins for appliences,we cant be all that upset there were items that we were given for free,parking and ect and lets face it those are exspensive items,bottom line is we are almost there and for some of us its been 2 + years waiting to move in and soon we will be at the fiish line. and yes it was long and hard and frustrating but atleast we will move in

merry christmas and a happy new year to all

p.s
anyone know if the sobeys is still gonna open on the other side?

hey dd97 and everyone

first of all how can you move in date be in apr on the first floor,when im april and im on 5th floor? i went by the condo and as i have said the glass looks good and takes the sting away from the harsher green,also i was going to go and see michael and he is not there at his normal time,he has a paper posted on the door saying that they are doing presentation on saturdays on 12 noon and i believe he is doing it and he is also doing them if your call for a appointment,also in early january his office will move into one of the units and from what i have heard you will be able to view the units,and also a few days ago i got a letter from bell saying that i got a new condo and all and offering me a new home deal,but like typical bell there was no deals,has anyone got a letter from bell? or any other letters from companys? i will be having a home inspector and he will have his curcit tester and tape mesure and also will inspect the rough ins for appliences,we cant be all that upset there were items that we were given for free,parking and ect and lets face it those are exspensive items,bottom line is we are almost there and for some of us its been 2 + years waiting to move in and soon we will be at the fiish line. and yes it was long and hard and frustrating but atleast we will move in

merry christmas and a happy new year to all

p.s
anyone know if the sobeys is still gonna open on the other side?

Hi there,

In regards to whether a Sobey's is still in the plans, the proposed location is 743 Warden Avenue, and I found a VERY informative thread online that will be of interest to all of us. I haven't gleaned over all of the postings, but it seems that the property was rezoned to commercial from industrial earlier this year. BUT, the developer it seems, has not done much, as it doesn't have any committed vendors :-( - read pages 4 & 5 from the thread:

http://www.summersider.com/viewtopic.php?t=165&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

This is quite disappointing, since it will take another year or two before we see anything built there. From what I read, there was a quite a few residents from that Mattamy community that were opposed to the development, because of where the points of entry/exit had to be located on Deans Drive - safety, noise & privacy issues were cited.

Anyhow, please give it a look if you have a bit of free time (ha-ha!).

Cheers!

Hey one eye wonder, April is what the letter I got from Jessica says...I am hoping that it is actually before April. I agree, it's been a ong 2+ years. Looking forward to moving in as well. Hopefully, it won't take that long to register the unit with the city.

This is a great forum where we share our experiences.

hey dd97 I believe u,just find it odd how your moving in the same time as me on two diff floors,anyway hopefully when we get our places we can turn our green house lol around,anyone else have any new news?

Back