Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

wow

I just held up two markers to the srceen where those 2 will be , and the 5 will look really impressive, and so different from the traditional view, that many will not recognize it at first glance, once theyre built that is!

4sn15.jpg

What is it about shameless aA fanboys that makes them so unbearably pretentious?

This is a serious question.. It really does seem to be the fanboys of that one firm.

I'm a relative newcomer to this forum and that was one of the first things I noticed. There are 2 or 3 members, maybe more, who seem to think aA can do no wrong, and react with a tantrum when their supposed "superior" tastes are questioned. I think it's a case of The Emperor's New Clothes.

The cladding facing Yorkville Ave closer to Bay St looks much more reflective than the cladding facing the courtyard. Is that just the pictures?

What is it about shameless aA fanboys that makes them so unbearably pretentious?

This is a serious question.. It really does seem to be the fanboys of that one firm.

I'm a relative newcomer to this forum and that was one of the first things I noticed. There are 2 or 3 members, maybe more, who seem to think aA can do no wrong, and react with a tantrum when their supposed "superior" tastes are questioned. I think it's a case of The Emperor's New Clothes.

I couldn't agree more.
But on the other hand... this site just wouldn't be the same without them. Afterall, I do so enjoy exposing the facade they are attempting to create.

The quotes above amount to nothing more than artless trolling, in particular vegeta_skyline's, which is the very definition of it. Now if the the Mods would consider enforcing some rules, we might have some more productive discussion around here, and not just the smug, petty, self-congratulatory sort passing itself off as commentary, such as the above.

I'll admit to bubbling away over the fire with the kettle sometimes, but at least you'll get a nice stew from me, and not just a rush of escaping vapour.

But seriously, let's turn down the heat please. No more logs on the proverbial fire: any further fuel will be removed.

The Cat is right: vegeta_skyline's quote is the very definition of trolling. Noted.

No problem, I'll avoid employing levity in my posts.

My point however, still stands; I will challenge anyone, not just aA supporters, who thinks any particular firm is designing products completely without flaws. Although aA supporters seem to be the only ones that actually believe in such a thing. To further elaborate my position, I find that kind of belief to be quite humorous as I would never suggest that every building designed by my favorite firms (Hariri Pontarini, Teeple, Core, etc.) are completely without flaws. And obviously I enjoy engaging in debates on the merits of highly contentious buildings.

And for the record Kitty, my contributions to this site are far from limited to debates on aesthetics though where I do engage in such debates they are not limited to single sentence retorts. I also contribute a fair amount of insight re: GO transit, railway operation and occasionally throw in a few skyline photo's to boot.

Last edited:
Most likely there's still some heavy equipment that needs to be lifted up to the roof. The mechanical area looked very incomplete when I was there but that was a few weeks ago now.

Back