Toronto 1717 Avenue Road Condos | ?m | 6s | Tribute | Turner Fleischer

here's the omb decision in case anyone was interested (I don't think it's the final order but close enough)

http://www.omb.gov.on.ca/e-decisions/pl060411_#1841.pdf

A1_4965.jpg

Wow had to dig to find this thread. Drove by the site today and it looks like boarding has gone up all around the site. Not to long b4 construction will start.

Website LIVE ~

after a longggggg period of time since 'priority agent' sales started, Tribute finally launches the full project website (sales must be suffering greatly, too bad this wouldn't help given current market conditions though :rolleyes:)

http://www.1717avenue.com/

Building Rendering - West View (Avenue Road in foreground)
1717Avenue_east.jpg

Building Rendering - East View
1717Avenue_west.jpg

Some images extracted from the OMB minutes of settlement ~

1717Avenue_siteplan.jpg

1717Avenue_1.jpg

1717Avenue_23.jpg

1717Avenue_45.jpg

1717Avenue_6roof.jpg

1717Avenue_elevation_NE.jpg

1717Avenue_elevation_SW.jpg

Oooo MODs ... architect is Turner Fleisher :D

The building is under construction. I think this was launched a while ago as the sales centre has been open for a long time (and is now gone as a result of construction starting).

Ha, y'all beat me to it. I took some photos today and visited the sales centre. The units are very conservative and there's a huge cul de sac driveway around the back (the sales woman said it's her favourite part of the building, calling it the "real front." Yikes.) According to her, they sold 2 units in November 2008, but currently (Dec 08) "is very very slow." She claims the building is "90% sold out and under construction." A bank and Pharmaplus are going to be the retail tenants. Blah. Sales appear to be local oriented (less investors), aka, the 905-dwelling parents of the 30 somethings buying houses in the area wanting to be closer to their grandchildren.

The LCBO across the street is gorgeous though, but according to the 1717 Av sales woman, is a traffic nightmare--poorly designed parking garage that needs a traffic cop to avoid accidents. Hmm. Can 1717 Av make traffic any worse?

Photos I took today of the new LCBO and 1717 site:

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01842.jpg

Last edited:
the spiral staircase within that new LCBO is really gorgeous ~ definitely a showpiece !!

I wonder if that could be the format for the new LCBO at King & Spadina. Personally I'd love to see something maybe like this but clad in brick to fit into the area.

The LCBO is notorious for building one-level buildings, including locations where two or more levels would clearly be appropriate (Yonge & Davisville, for instance). This gives some hope that they might try a little harder to build in a way that is more appropriate for our urban streets.

Back