Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Whether you fall 9 floors or 60 the basic outcome is likely the same, it's not good.
Where's the photos then?

I do. I'm not up high. I'm not scared of heights, I have a fear. I lived on the 9th floor previous to this. I'm okay with a certain height. I could never live 60 storeys up for example haha.

I love/hate heights... The views are remarkable, but living up there can get a little scary at times (especially in the 150m+ towers)... And in REALLY tall buildings over a certain height experience a little sway during high wind conditions! and sway scares the living sh** out of me! (especially when you're 60 stories up!)

Today

4653710085_1a77c21d6d_b.jpg

The University Ave. Streetwall looks amazing in that shot! especially since it slants inwards where shangri-la is! and its cool how MLS looks like its apart of the streetwall! ahh... that strip of university is one of my favourite streetwalls in toronto :D!

And here's a pic taken from above, showing where all the concrete is going.

4660513952_3fabbe24cc_b.jpg

Sorry it's so grainy, full zoom on a blackberry does not for good pictures make.

Regardless of the picture quality, thanks for putting in the effort.

One can't quite see this part of the construction work - except from above.

Got tired of sitting at my desk so went for a walk to see what's up with Shangri-La

4691735476_764501f949_b.jpg

It's getting taller, they're pouring a slab on the south west corner today.

I keep driving by this one every day.....I was hoping this would be moving along bit more faster. We've hit ground level in March...right?

Podiums often take a month per floor in a complex project. Towers tend to sprout more rapidly as the floor plate decreases and repetition sets in.

Yeah, and like Bay Street, this really contributes to the urban canyon! I love it.

Back