722     0 
News   Apr 09, 2024
 500     0 
News   Apr 09, 2024
 652     0 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty big. We need a comment from Harper himself. I didn't think Ford would crack and give up, but it's starting to look like a possibility. If even the people he admires push him publicly to resign, he may just say "fuck you all" and get out of there.

I like how CNN is reporting this. They emphasize that Ford has repeatedly lied. Why aren't Toronto media pushing that as effectively? It's not just that he smoked crack but that he lied to everybody -- you, me, Ford Nation, everybody! -- and defamed the media, the police, councillors, Torontonians to continue lying.

Come on. The Toronto journalists are pushing it. They've been pushing it the whole time. Many of them are coming out and say that they explicitly asked him. You can not blame the media here. They've tried very hard. I think they deserve some credit.

Parkdale:

Not really, they wore kids gloves and just asked the question, and moved on - and rarely if ever said "but you also said this on such and such a date about this, and I quote".

MetroMan:

He probably don't have the guts to resign, more likely to just go AWOL and disappear.

AoD

I like how CNN is reporting this. They emphasize that Ford has repeatedly lied. Why aren't Toronto media pushing that as effectively? It's not just that he smoked crack but that he lied to everybody -- you, me, Ford Nation, everybody! -- and defamed the media, the police, councillors, Torontonians to continue lying.

This. Long-time semi-lurker. It's almost for Ford Nation-ists you have to lay out for them line by line. I'm all for billboards! :) Each lie then the retractions and admissions, issue by issue, dated, in crayon, if that's what it takes.

There are a million possible defenses to a possession charge. Maybe Rob thought it was crack but someone ripped him off and it was just a legal substitute in it. He was already blitzed on Purple Jesuses so he didn't notice. He thought he smoked crack but he really didn't.

Issue of possession is dicey too... if someone passed him the pipe and he took a toke and passed it on, possession is tenuous.

His confession didn't clearly point to the time the video was made. And the video isn't evidence that would stand up in court. Maybe he said what he said in the press conference because everyone believed it anyway and it's part of his strategy. Just wouldn't stand up beyond a reasonable doubt.

Maybe if they had an eyewitness. But even then, how did the eyewitness know it was crack and not, say, a new designer drug that's legal, meant to dupe crack users and make more money? Is the eyewitness an expert on drug chemistry and did he take residue from the pipe and have it analyzed at a lab?

Yeah - and "drunken stupor" defence he is starting to run with sets up the contention that the fact that he is impaired in the video cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was genuine crack, because he was already impaired by alcohol.

TORONTO - Despite his stunning admission that he has smoked crack cocaine, Mayor Rob Ford says he is not stepping down or taking a leave of office.
"I feel like I got 1,000 pounds off my back," Ford told the Toronto Sun. "I felt I had to say it. It is what is. I feel two inches high right now but I needed to deal with it. I am not going to quit or take a leave."
"I am not an addict or an alcoholic. I have work to do and I am moving on. The way I see it now, this is over."
He said he believes he knows what's on the video Toronto Police recovered early last week.
"I think I know what's on the video and I know it's not pretty," he said. "Did I smoke something? Probably. It's ugly. "
"I am not a crackhead or junkie."
Ford also commented on the chief of police gala.
"If they want me there I will be there. I won't go if they don't. I support the police," he said.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/0...0-pounds-off-my-back-mayor-rob-ford-tells-sun

I think people are gonna go down to city hall today.

That's not a bad idea. This has reached a fever pitch. It's time to move the Nov 13 event to right now. SaveToronto, please post via your channels. People just need to go down there with some chalk and their voice and fill the square.

BREAKING NEWS: Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12s
Superior Court Justice Ian Nordheimer ruled in favour of the media in disclosing wiretap information in judgment sent just now.

TORONTO - Despite his stunning admission that he has smoked crack cocaine, Mayor Rob Ford says he is not stepping down or taking a leave of office.
"I feel like I got 1,000 pounds off my back," Ford told the Toronto Sun. "I felt I had to say it. It is what is. I feel two inches high right now but I needed to deal with it. I am not going to quit or take a leave."
"I am not an addict or an alcoholic. I have work to do and I am moving on. The way I see it now, this is over."
He said he believes he knows what's on the video Toronto Police recovered early last week.
"I think I know what's on the video and I know it's not pretty," he said. "Did I smoke something? Probably. It's ugly. "
"I am not a crackhead or junkie."
Ford also commented on the chief of police gala.
"If they want me there I will be there. I won't go if they don't. I support the police," he said.
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/11/0...0-pounds-off-my-back-mayor-rob-ford-tells-sun
Ok, so yeah, we'll all just forgive and forget. It was a lapse, and you're better now, and all is right in the world.

Parkdale:

Not really, they wore kids gloves and just asked the question, and moved on - and rarely if ever said "but you also said this on such and such a date about this, and I quote".

MetroMan:

He probably don't have the guts to resign, more likely to just go AWOL and disappear.

AoD

Did they ever really have the opportunity? He hasn't given them a real press conference or opportunity to ask those questions. I'm sure they would have if given the chance. And obviously I'm not talking about Joe Warmington/Stephen LeDrew/John Tory/newstalk1010 crap. I'm talking about the real journalists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back